� #1
Old 11-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Lecturer
Harry Hirsute will become famous soon enough
Default Kitchen Tip

Ladies and gents: I just wanted to pass along something that's helped me to add some more healthful foods into my/our diet.

Recently, my wife bought an immersion-blender. Here's an example of a similar model to what we got:

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CSB-.../dp/B000EGA6QI

I've been using it to make healthy (whole food) smoothies - ask for recipes if you'd like. And, I've been using it to make homemade vegetable soups.

The blender is pretty inexpensive and the clean-up is a snap. The latter point is of vital important for us - if we're to use it on a regular basis.

I'm enjoying a beef broth/broccoli soup as I type this. It took me about five minutes to make it. It's delicious and packed with organic broccoli.

Just thought I'd pass this along for those who are trying to improve their diets and are also pretty busy.
� #2
Old 11-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Enlightener
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough

I have something very similar to this, the Braun multiquick blender.

I would recommend the stainless steel blender (as Harry's model seems to have) as this will last you much longer than the plastic handle (an option of the multiquick).

This is also a wonderful tool if you have babies, small children, or kids like my son who likes everything smooth. don't know why.. but he does.
� #3
Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Lecturer
Harry Hirsute will become famous soon enough

ST,

To follow-up on your plastic vs. stainless steel comment: I agree with the durability statement and I also believe that using stainless steel in hot liquids is safer than using plastic components ... as they may leech chemicals into the food.
� #4
Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Enlightener
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough

true.. especially if you are using it in hot liquids. good point.