Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

� #1
Old 06-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Observer
viewfromhere is on a distinguished road
Question Help rebuilding/strengthening after antibiotics

Hello everyone. I am relatively new to the group and am in need of some advice... I reluctantly started taking antibiotics for Entamoeba Coli that was believed to be contributing to the intense pain that I've experienced in my abdomen over the past 6 to 8 weeks. Taking antibiotics is really against my nature and belief system but, for some reason, maybe because of the intense pain (some days having difficulty walking due to the pain), it was the choice I made. I am on day 4 of a 7 day treatment.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for strengthening and rebuilding the system after taking antibiotics...???

I should also note that I have Hepatitis C and want to be careful not to stress the liver. Although the pharmacist said the antibiotic would not be a problem, I have since read that certain antibiotics could raise my viral load quite a lot with as little as three pills.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mark
� #2
Old 06-13-2008, 05:22 AM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Transfer factor...if you have hep C transfer factor will be essential
Probiotics
� #3
Old 06-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Observer
viewfromhere is on a distinguished road

Thank you, Arrowwind! Any idea which of the 12 Transfer Factor formulas listed on their website would be best for me? Not sure if this product is available in Sweden... I find that the vitamin and supplement market is pretty limited here.

Do you (or anyone) have any info/experience with the NES (Nutri-energetics system)? nutrienergetics.com
� #4
Old 06-13-2008, 06:13 AM
Reader
Boss is on a distinguished road

Agreed on Pro-biotics.

That means yoghurt cultures, or even Nattokinase if you can get it, might be an answer.

You might also want to consider upping your daily intake of Supplemental Vit C, and if you're worried about Hepatic issues, then something like Milk Thistle, (a Liver protectorant), might be an option.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.