Amoryn for Anxiety

dkmontgomery

I have been taking Amoryn (which is a combination of various things - see amoryn.com)

I was curious if anybody else was familiar with this natural supplement. Also, I have tried just regular St. Johns Wort in the past, but I don't believe it worked as well.

Are there any other good supplements to aid in anxiety and mood swings, ect...?

dkmontgomery

Original Poster
interesting

Fish oil would be among my top (generalized) suggestions. There are some fish oil supplements that are specifically intended to support mood. Typically, they tend to emphasize the EPA component of the omega-3 content of fish oil.

This is but one example of what's available on the WWW:

https://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Omega-3-Mood-Formula
Thanks for the input. I have felt the Amoryn was a bit pricey for me. I may have to give something along this line a try.

dkmontgomery

Original Poster
EPA

I have been taking Fish Oil for some time now. I never paid much attention to the EPA level in the past. It is amazing how much it varies between products.

Harry Hirsute

the epa to the dha

I have been taking Fish Oil for some time now. I never paid much attention to the EPA level in the past. It is amazing how much it varies between products.
This is true. Some products favor EPA. Others DHA. Most have a balanced mix of the two.

It appears that some researchers think that EPA is more important for mood-related and cardiovascular conditions.

DHA is often recommended to promote other areas of health like cognition and ocular health.

And then there are other sources of these omega-3s like krill oil.

Lots to learn and lots to (try to) keep track of! :)

Beach Man

I have been taking Amoryn (which is a combination of various things - see amoryn.com)

I was curious if anybody else was familiar with this natural supplement. Also, I have tried just regular St. Johns Wort in the past, but I don't believe it worked as well.

For some other ideas and useful information about anxiety and its causes and treatment, see my reply to Danny at: https://www.healthiertalk.com/7-step-plan-boost-your-low-thyroid-and-metabolism-0810#comment-1738

Morrow

Never tried or heard of amoryn to be honest my friend another good natural supplement for anxiety is Valerian