Any suggestion about prostatitis treatment? Share your story.

healthissues

Hi, I was diagnosed with prostatitis last year following about 4-5 years of issues with inflammation, pains and swelling in my prostrate area and perineum. I'm also having problems with in terms of flow, leakage, struggling to stop/ start, needing to wee sitting down and struggling to empty.

They haven't categorized the type of prostatitis I have but I've been having awful flare-ups for which they have been giving me 4-6 weekly oral antibiotics. I am in so much pain and discomfort it gets to the point where, after a day at work, I could cry. I have been given naproxen but don't find it very helpful. I have recently been given Codeine but I'm concerned about getting constipation as this will cause additional pain on the prostate. A friend recently recommended a kind of herbal medicine diuretic and anti-inflammatory pill to me. He had tried it and said it worked well. I decided to try next. Besides, any advice around pain relief would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks.

tim.nathan

@healthissues, It sounds like your doctor needs to do some additional investigation, as typical antibiotics should take care of prostatitis.
Many years ago I had prostatitis and was administered Tetracycline for 10 to 14 days, IIRC. These days there are much more effective antibiotics available.