Dealing with Seasonal Depression

terryberry

How are you guys dealing with seasonal depression this year? With the added difficulties this year, I know how much seasonal depression can be an added struggle this year. What are some tips to deal with seasonal depression? Would love to learn more about coping methods!

eastmeetswest

Hi there! I deal with it every year. I'm always looking for new ways to rethink how my mind processes the season change to get ahead of it as much as possible (I know what's coming once there's a slight chill in the air!). I found this article and this one to be helpful so I hope that may help you! I've been using a couple different herbs (i.e. lemon balm), too but it's definitely worth looking into how they can affect you as they affect each person differently. Hope this helps!

We usually get plenty of sunshine here, but when it gets real gloomy once in a while I find that taking Vitamin D3 helps a lot or eating some wild caught salmon.

Hashirama3194

what is seasonal depression, I am depressed for my whole life :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tim.nathan

I do experience some seasonal depression, I try to get enough sleep however being older has made that more of a challenge.
I do take a couple supplements that can help, but I want to say that exercise is very beneficial for mood elevation.
Chocolate!

Hashirama3194

Yes, exercise works for getting rid of stress, I play football when I feel sad or depressed it makes me happy and when I play football I forget about everything else.