Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate)

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate) is an inexpensive and EXCELLENT addition to hot bath water for a soothing muscle-relaxing bath, I use 2 cups per bath.

For use as a soaking aid for minor sprains and bruises, 2 cups per gallon of water is recommended. Apply with bandages or toweling for 30 minutes up to three times per day.

Saline Laxative effects can be achieved for adults with 2-6 tsp. daily, mixed with at least 8 ounces of water, preferable more. Children 6-12 yrs.old should use 1-2 tsp. daily. Under 6yrs. only under doctors advice.

It is also highly recommended as a plant food supplement. As a fertilizer for lawns, 1/2 lb. per 1,000 sq. ft. is recommended. 1 tsp. for houseplants, 2 tbls. for trees once every 4 months is ideal.

Since Epsom Salt is relaxing to the muscles, it is also recommended for Autistic children, as a calming agent in the bath.

https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3444

Epsom Salt is an item I would recommend for everyone to have handy in their medicine cabinets.

Warnings:

* If you have kidney disease, consult your doctor first.
* If you're on a magnesium-restricted diet
* If you experience abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
* Sudden change in bowel habit that exceeds over 2 weeks

jw8725

Hi I have a question about this. I'm thinking of adding some Epsom Salts to a foot spa. I'd like to know if the body would be able to absorb sufficient quantities. I don't normally have the time to kick back with a full tub filled bath due to a busy lifestyle.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
Hi I have a question about this. I'm thinking of adding some Epsom Salts to a foot spa. I'd like to know if the body would be able to absorb sufficient quantities. I don't normally have the time to kick back with a full tub filled bath due to a busy lifestyle.
I don't know about the body absorbing sufficient amounts for magnesium supplementation as far as daily requirements, but I definitely recommend epsom salts in a foot bath for relaxation of the foot muscles, nothing better!

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
I add magnesium chloride to this concoction and take it orally. Really helps fight inflammation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1LGU_kefdU

Same guy taught me how to make my own Lugol's solution.