evening primrose oil and red clover

dmorris315

Does anyone know if these can be taking together, we are ttc and and I hard these were both really good, but was wondering, if they can be taking together?

jfh

perpetual student
My understanding of evening primrose is that it is blood thinning. So, beware of using it with other blood thinning herbs, one of which is red clover, also garlic, ginkgo, or even omega 3. I think it should be ok to take it at a different time of day (several hours) apart from those herbs. Remember that aspirin is even a blood thinning agent.

Arsen01

Red Clover Benefits
Red clover is considered to be one of the richest sources of isoflavones, which are water-soluble chemicals that act like estrogens (known collectively as phytoestrogens). Red Clover is therefore used for hot flashes/flushes, PMS, breast enhancement and breast health as well as lowering cholesterol, improving urine production and improving circulation of the blood, to help prevent osteoporosis, reduce the possibility of blood clots and arterial plaques and limiting the development of benign prostate hyperplasia.