Exercise is the most effective medicine

hopeful

Me and my wife are elderly, but we've been going on long walks every day and feel a lot better because of them. I just hate it when the weather is too cold or the streets are too icy to walk on, it puts me in a bad mood.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Exercise is really a good medicine because it is the best way to prevent from many diseases. Exercise gives us better body shape. Exercise is good to maintain health and fitness so i suggest everyone to do exercise daily.
I was slack lately but back into it the last 2 weeks, I definitely feel better

lushFLBR

Ever since I've made it a priority to get regular exercise (at least a few times a week) I've been feeling a lot better too, so it makes sense to me :)

Ozzie1

I agree there. I have been exercising for a while now and I know that my mood has improved, I feel better and look better.

d0ug

I am basically lazy when I see wild animals lining up at the gym to get on the tread mill I might join in. The only sport I liked was judo which is using the other person force to defeat them.

stewartjohnson

From a long time i felt very lazy and could not be able to concentrate on my work because of my obesity,but few months ago i had Started doing exercise.Now i am Feeling better and my concentration power has also improved.

jfh

perpetual student
...but few months ago i had Started doing exercise.Now i am Feeling better and my concentration power has also improved.
I did not inherit motivation from either of my parents. If only. I can pretend motivation, but lack consistency destroys that. So, I guess I'm stuck with exercising a few minutes multiple times per day. My cardiologist says that everyone needs a 20 minute consistent exercise at heart rate of 120 each day. Not going to happen. I am sure that I will benefit as you all do, but I just can't seem to get motivated. I'm 5'8" @ 145 lbs, so exercise for weight certainly isn't a motivation. No, it would be exercise for the benefit of something I can't see, like my heart.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I've been exercising more, nothing excessive though. Besides walking every day with my dog, I've been doing some things at the gym, exercise/dance classes which are fun and help with stretching, etc. And some weight exercise, which is beneficial to the bones and helps avoid osteoporosis in our old age. You do look forward to it pretty quickly, and feel a lot better afterwards.

jfh

perpetual student
For the whole month of August, our central Texas weather is 100F (37.7celsius). No. I'm not exaggerating. So, outside activity is limited.

On a side note, we are having a long term drought, but no where near a badly as southern California. I read where the Santa Clara valley just hired 10 water cops to patrol water use. Even that did not cut any more the 3% where the target is 20%. Those people are going to have to stop bathing and showering or something.

pinballdoctor

Exercise is great... It gets the heart pumping which gets the blood moving, which gets oxygen to the cells, and helps the body remove toxins and garbage from the cells, but there is also a downside to exercise.

When you exercise you sweat, and its not just water you lose, its all the vitamins and minerals you have floating around in your blood.

Its no big deal to lose these nutrients as long as they are replaced on a daily basis. If they are not replaced, or if you just drink water, sooner or later your nutrient reserves in the body will be lowered to the point of disease or heart failure, and that is why the average couch potato lives as long as an average athlete...why? because a couch potato doesn't sweat.

Nearly every week I hear of a football player or basketball player who drops dead from a heart attack or aneurism. These people sweat out all their nutrients and replace with gatorade, which contains no selenium to prevent heart attack, and no copper to prevent aneurism.

seano

What a cool study, I definitely believe it! Sweating out all of the toxins in your body while you exercise and staying hydrated while doing so is great for your body. Plus, the endorphins released during any kind of exercise are great mood-boosting tools. While exercise is great for your body though, it does need to be coupled with a healthy diet rich in nutrients that your body needs.

shakirajane

Building muscle through weight training will not only convert your extra weight into lean body mass, but it will also stimulate your appetite. Consider these points before you begin:
The extra muscle will increase the speed of your metabolism, so you'll need to consume more calories to maintain or gain weight.

LenaPippins

Exercise is very good for health. It not only control and maintain the weight, but it also helps us to be physically fit and fine.

WonderWest

I've been trying to lose weight and stick to an exercise routine for years now, but whenever I try to religiously do something, I often fail, get lazy, and stop ultimately. Lately, I've been considering making yoga a regular thing, because one, it's peaceful, and two, the nearest yoga place where I live isn't drowning in testosterone. I understand yoga isn't in the article and may not be deemed by many as an "exercise", but it's ideal for my situation right now.

Can I, someone who is seeing an auto accident injury chiropractor for some injuries I sustained in an accident a few months ago, use yoga to lose weight? Or is yoga something different altogether?

Ajax

Original Poster
Anyone can die of a heart attack at any time regardless of health. You just read about when it happens to athletes because they are famous.

d0ug

Deficiency of selenium can cause a heart attack this is what happens to most athletes. This condition is called Keshan disease.

DBJackson

What a cool study, I definitely believe it! Sweating out all of the toxins in your body while you exercise and staying hydrated while doing so is great for your body. Plus, the endorphins released during any kind of exercise are great mood-boosting tools. While exercise is great for your body though, it does need to be coupled with a healthy diet rich in nutrients that your body needs.
lt is very hard to spend a couple of hours to get up, drive and get to a gym or even do an hour of hard exercise. Even top athletes need a boost. So, most people need something effective without negative side effects to help them 1) get up on their feet, 2) feel motivated, 3) shed weight and build real muscle 4) reduce illness and detoxify body 5) improve performance 6) stay fit, 7) while not spending their entire income and time on it. A few minutes of deoxyhemoglobin vasodilator equals hours of exercise and if combined with exercise, the results are even more profound.