Role of fruits for skin care...

AHA! Finding the Fruity
Secret in Skin Care

The alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) in apples, oranges—even milk—
not only nourish us inside, they are crucial to keeping our outer layer
looking refreshed and young.

By Karyn Meier
April 2005

Let’s face it—when it comes to maintaining a youthful complexion, time is not on your side. From the moment of birth, your skin works round the clock to eliminate toxins and replace dead skin cells with new ones. But somewhere down the pike, this system of recycling begins to break down. In fact, by the time you’ve reached 30- or 40-something, tiny laugh lines (never call them crow’s feet, please) may begin to creep around the edges of your eyes and mouth. Your once rosy cheeks may be reduced to a pallid patina. And, if you’ve been a sun worshiper at any stage in your life, age spots and leather-like skin are likely to be your reward.

Of course, one doesn’t awaken to “mature” skin overnight or with the lighting of candles on any particular birthday cake.

Aging of the skin is a long process that occurs over time and largely depends on lifestyle and environmental factors. But it’s possible to slow down the progression of skin aging, or even help reverse skin damage, by taking advantage of Mother Nature’s best anti-aging cosmetic ingredient—fruit acids. In fact, fruit acids can help restore your visage and reveal a youthful (but ripe) new you more safely and better than many chemical procedures.

Facing Facts

We are all affected to some degree by intrinsic, or chronological, aging. As we climb in years, our skin’s ability to remove impurities and exfoliate itself begins to decline. In short, your birthday suit delays taking the rubbish to the curb and results in a buildup of debris on the surface of your skin. Also, the functioning of sweat and oil glands begins to fade and contributes to drying skin. Visible signs of aging skin, such as dryness, fine lines and wrinkles, can actually begin to appear at the tender age of 25.

After 40, however, hormonal changes inhibit collagen production and collagen stores begin to break down. This natural occurrence leads to a thinning of the skin, making the underlying blood-vessel structure more visible at the surface. The thinning leads to a host of other problems as well, such as fragility and increased wound healing time, increased sensitivity to allergens and a loss of elasticity. The skin also loses fat, making it appear less plump and smooth, and suffers, too, a loss of color due to fewer blood vessels in the skin. If that’s not enough working against your countenance, dare we mention gravity?

FULL ARTICLE: https://www.energytimes.com/pages/fea...309/fruit.html

dogwoman

Eating fruit would, of course, be a good step to take to help keep one's skin in decent shape. The pectin in apples, found in the skin of the fruit and just beneath it) is supposed to be one of the most beneficial foods one can consume in regard to the well-being of skin. When consuming apples frequently, or in quantity, it is essential that the apples be organic. (Apple skins readily absorb pesticides and retain these unhealthy chemicals.)

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Review of Source Naturals Skin Eternal Cream

So what Lotions are folks here using?

I recently purchased DermaE Ester-C Creame with E with the following ingredients:
Other Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, PEG Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ester-C® Borage Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), TEA, Citric Acid, Sesame Oil, Green Tea Extract, Sunflower Oil, Chamomile Extract, Cucumber Extract, Aloe Vera Extract, Pathenol, Allantoin, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Methylparaben, I. Urea, Fragrant Oils.

I really like this one for night use

I use a green tea lotion called Green Tea Skin Natual Anti-aging Cream that I really like as well as

I also make my own face and body soap with greentea in it. I've had some very good feedback from customers who say that their hands no longer crack... tested and true by ranch working women.

Source Naturals Skin Eernal Hyaluronic Acid... I just recently started supplementing with hyaluronic acid internally also. At 58 my skin is still pretty good except for my hands... guess I haven't taken very good care of them.. sun damge there. I've had this source naturals product for a long time and although I like it I will not re-purchase it due to the following:

You have to becareful of what you buy. I purchased a Source Naturals product called Skin Eternal Cream last year only to find it had potassium benzoate in it.
https://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Skin-Eternal-Cream-For-Sensitive-Skin-4-oz-113-4-g/13443?at=0

After looking around I found this on wiki to explore more fully what benzine is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene

Benzene is a natural constituent of crude oil, and is one of the most basic petrochemicals. Benzene is an aromatic hydrocarbon and the second [n]-annulene ([6]-annulene), a cyclic hydrocarbon with a continuous pi bond. It is sometimes abbreviated Ph–H. Benzene is a colorless and highly flammable liquid with a sweet smell. Because it is a known carcinogen, its use as an additive in gasoline is now limited, but it is an important industrial solvent and precursor to basic industrial chemicals including drugs, plastics, synthetic rubber, and dyes.

Then I went to potassium benzoate (preservative), and found this wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_benzoate .... which says:

In combination with ascorbic acid (vitamin C), sodium and potassium benzoate may form benzene, a known carcinogen. Heat, light and shelf life can affect the rate at which benzene is formed. The Food and Drug Administration was performing tests in 2006, but the Environmental Working Group is calling for the FDA to publicly release all tests and use their authority to force companies to reformulate to avoid the potential benzene forming combination.[6]

I contacted the company and told them that I could not use their product and why.. You know I ingest faily large amounts of vitamin C so that could put me doubly at risk. They essentially told me that it was safe and blew me off. They refused to tell me exacly how much was safe and to provide studies that it was.

I purchased these products from [URL="https://www.iherb.com"]www.iherb.com.[/URL]

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
I use Alba Botanica aloe & green tea oil-free moisturizer in the daytime. 100% vegetarian ingredients, no animal testing, pH balanced. At night I use their Jasmine & vitamin E moisture cream. www.AlbaBotanica.com

ozzie

I have just started using coconut oil on my skin as a moisturiser, and internally as well.

mommysunshine

I have dry skin. I really like spectrum organic palm shortening. It's so smooth and super cheap. Even if it wasn't cheap I would still want it.

I'm currently experimenting with putting MSM in it. MSM has been shown to lesson wrinkles. :D