How long do boys grow?

Can boys grow until they are about 20?

• Total voters

spideyfanman

Someone was telling me that girls grow until they are about 15, as opposed to boys who can grow until they are about 20 years old. Is this true?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Someone was telling me that girls grow until they are about 15, as opposed to boys who can grow until they are about 20 years old. Is this true?
I think boys can grow in height until they are 18-20. They keep on growing in width long after that! :lol:

spideyfanman

Original Poster
Why do you worry about those types of things, isn't being healthy more important to you?
Where did I say that I was worrying? I was only asking just for the sake of common knowledge. :)

spideyfanman

Original Poster
i just hate when people see me and say "hey, you are getting so tall omg!" when I obviously have been the same height for two years now

bradlr40

Yep they grow till about 15. The reason I know that is that I had my full grown relatively young. I suppose around 13. I was alround 5`4, and the girls on average 5`2. Fast forward it to 15. Im still 5`4 and those same girls are about 5`7.

just me

My two sons are 25 and 32, and they are still growing... well, sideways now, but it seems that my son grew alot in between the time he left for basic and then came home.... in height and in size. Spidey, no matter how tall you get, its still a matter of how you carry yourself, and your attitude, that determines the size of the man!!!! Yeah I know, Im always the mom... trying to get the boys to become great men... bad habit... the bag boys at the grocery store hate it when I come in!!!!

Matrix

Admin
I believe sports is very helpful such as running, body stretching (chin-up), jumping (basketball), but I would definitely avoid weight lift training.

EarlyBird

Growth!

I'm female and I grew almost 3 more inches after age 15. I'm just glad my FEET stopped
growing at age 13. Thank You Lord!

spideyfanman

Original Poster
I'm sure that when I get into college girls won't care much about my height but more about my intelligence and character.

spideyfanman

Original Poster
My deceased maternal grandmother used to say " every bread has its cheese."
interesting philosophy she had there :)

though someone who would break a relationship because the guy was too short... I mean, that is pure coldness. :( Because of that evil girl I am self conscious of my height now. I never was before though. She complained to me every day "oh you are short for a guy" and would check who is taller every day

EarlyBird

Height

Spidey, most younger girls like to wear high-heeled shoes when they go out on a date; they feel awkward being taller than the fella when they do. I was 5'8" and felt the same way. I think it's just the nature of the beast!

spideyfanman

Original Poster
the girl i was with just wore sneakers she didn't like high heels. but I've seen cases where girls are a foot taller than the guy, if you really love someone height shouldn't matter

just me

thats the key spidey!!! Apparently that girl didnt love you.. Im thinking that even if you had been taller she still would have found something to complain about... You and her just werent meant to be

spideyfanman

Original Poster
thats the key spidey!!! Apparently that girl didnt love you.. Im thinking that even if you had been taller she still would have found something to complain about... You and her just werent meant to be
Yeah I guess you are right. She said I'm "too smart" (I have like a 95 average, I'm nerdy) as well. Her new boyfriend is about 6' tall, has piercings, very angry looking and is "ghetto", has a low average, etc etc. If that's what she likes, then oh well.

Cedy

That girl had NOOOOOOOO interest in you as a boyfriend. But you are DAMN stubborn and DO NOT take good advice from people who are older and more experienced in life than you. How sad! She has moved on. Why don't you do the same instead of calling her evil and mean? Why do you want to be in a relationship with someone who is not interested in you?

spideyfanman

Original Poster
That girl had NOOOOOOOO interest in you as a boyfriend. But you are DAMN stubborn and DO NOT take good advice from people who are older and more experienced in life than you. How sad! She has moved on. Why don't you do the same instead of calling her evil and mean? Why do you want to be in a relationship with someone who is not interested in you?
I DID move on! I am glad I'm not in a relationship with her now. I'm not upset about not being with her, I am upset that even after we broke up, she started to talk to me again (which was only a few weeks ago) trying to be my friend again. Then she was rubbing her new boyfriend in my face, and I screamed at her. Now she leaves me alone. :)

Cedy

The relationship I had with the mother of my seven year old daughter ended on November 13, 2006. On that day she subjected me to about ten minutes of f-ing..this and f-ing..that, when I went to her home to find out why she had used my name and that of my mother, then 84, as references in a store where she had taken a fridge and other items on credit. It was only when the store called my mother that we learned of this.

I pulled away from her with immediate effect. I had the child then. In August of 2007 she took the child and put the matter in court claiming maintenence and custody. The court heard that I used to INSERT my finger into the child's vagina and my teenage son used to touch the child's vagina. The doctor who examined the child reported that " there was no evidence of damage to the internal organ of the child." Her lawyer asked for permission to withdraw and the matter was dismissed.

I pity her. I think that she is a pathetic, pathological liar, who can self destruct and cause collateral damage, unless quickly subjected to proper psychological evaluation and treatment. I keep and intend to keep VERY far from her. Spidey you must learn to ignore people, especially when it is for YOUR own good.

spideyfanman

Original Poster
The relationship I had with the mother of my seven year old daughter ended on November 13, 2006. On that day she subjected me to about ten minutes of f-ing..this and f-ing..that, when I went to her home to find out why she had used my name and that of my mother, then 84, as references in a store where she had taken a fridge and other items on credit. It was only when the store called my mother that we learned of this.

I pulled away from her with immediate effect. I had the child then. In August of 2007 she took the child and put the matter in court claiming maintenence and custody. The court heard that I used to INSERT my finger into the child's vagina and my teenage son used to touch the child's vagina. The doctor who examined the child reported that " there was no evidence of damage to the internal organ of the child." Her lawyer asked for permission to withdraw and the matter was dismissed.

I pity her. I think that she is a pathetic, pathological liar, who can self destruct and cause collateral damage, unless quickly subjected to proper psychological evaluation and treatment. I keep and intend to keep VERY far from her. Spidey you must learn to ignore people, especially when it is for YOUR own good.
Wow, now that is some serious stuff. O_O I'm sorry to hear that ever happened.

ldk

18 girl and done

Well I'm a girl 18, turning in a month 19 and from the age of 15-18 I grew 7 cm so I'm 182 cm now.. so I guess it's different from girl to girl ^^