Is so difficult to sleep

Gianniversace

I have some problem to sleep actually, but i want just to use something natural. Someone tell me to use music like this : RELAX
What else can i do? i think is not enought to sleep, maybe good for meditation.
Thanks guys

There's a lot of factors to consider when it comes to sleep. It's rarely ever just one thing.

You could possible have adrenal fatigue and/or your cortisol levels are wacky. Here's a good article for balancing out your cortisol: https://wellnessmama.com/55210/adrenal-fatigue-remedies/

Do you eat sweets at night? Do you drink caffeine after 3 p.m.? These things can keep you awake.

How is your day? Do you get out and do a lot of exercise? Do you sit all day long? If you don't exert yourself enough physically, you may not be tired enough when bed time rolls around. Before I had kids, I had a lot of insomnia type problems, but my mind would think and worry about things when I should be resting and I wouldn't be as active in the day. After I had kids, I could probably sleep at almost any moment haha. When I go to bed to sleep, I'm out like a rock. That's because the kids wear me out - a mess here, a fight to break up there, chores to do, etc. etc. haha. Maybe take on babysitting? I don't know lol. We actually had some neighbors in an apartment complex that we used to live at and this husband and wife had issues sleeping at night. They would be walking around literally all day long. They'd walk around the complex, into down, and back again. I guess they got their sleep at night this way. We don't live there anymore, but sometimes we'll still see them walk around town.

Do you look at screens (computer, phone, tv) right before bed? Blue light wakes your brain up. If you must look at blue screens at night, at about 8 p.m., put on some orange safety glasses to help block out the blue light so that you can get restful sleep at night. Blue light has lasting effects throughout your sleep, preventing you from getting deep sleep. Night lights can also be another culprit.

Do you exercise in the evening? I know some people go to the gym in the evening, but for some people this gets the blood pumping and gets your body energized and it becomes hard to sleep. For me this was never an issue, but for some it totally is.

Have you tried melatonin supplements? Melatonin can be found usually in pill form (sometimes on meltable strips you put on your tongue) and take some according to the directions before bed. Melatonin is the "sleepy hormone," and this helps us wind down in the evening. When melatonin is blocked (such as with blue light) then we get that "second wind" and it becomes hard to rest.

Music may or may not work. It is hard for me to fall asleep to music. I prefer silence to sleep. I can't fall asleep to my favorite songs because I sing the lyrics in my head. Make sure it doesn't have words is your best bet, but if it keeps you awake - refrain.

One of my kids liked this app on my phone, it was White Noise Lite, I think. It has a lot of natural sounds and sounds around the house. When we lived in the big city and lived next to the train tracks, an airport, and a busy freeway, she loved falling asleep to the sounds on it. Some people like it a lot, a lot of awesome sounds to choose from. Some people just need something to block out bigger noises.

The temperature could be a problem. At night are you too hot or too cold? If it's hot, most people don't sleep well. Most people sleep well at closer to the 50 - 60 degree range. Find the ideal temperature for you. I know if it's too hot, sleeping is just awful.

Try not to eat too late at night, stop eating 2 hours before bed. I will usually go to bed at midnight or so, so I just make it a rule for myself to not eat anything else after 8 or 9 p.m. I noticed that I sleep better when my stomach isn't as full, and if I feel hungry, I'll grab some tea or milk. In studies, it's been shown that liquids do not do the same exact things as food and don't impede sleep as much as a full belly of food.

I hope that some of these tips help you out.

Good advice @lightinthefray, I've been using the liquid tincture of Valerian Root before bed, it helps a lot, my husband uses it sometimes also, but he mostly goes with Melatonin.
I've heard of Valerian Root being powerful for sleep. I've never been able to try to it due to my situation(s), but I'm glad that it's something that works for you and your husband!

jfh

perpetual student
Thanks, y'all. I think I will try valerian root next. I've been trying a mixture of herbs from different brands. Passionflower seems to be popular now. Nothing seems to work very well anymore. I forgot that the drug, valium, is sourced from valerian root.