Is this too many vitamins for one day?

hippieintraining

Hi, SOO glad I found this board!!

I have a plethora of mental health probs, and honestly don't want to get into why I chose Each. ANd every. Specific. One. Please do not ask, I am so overwhelmed as it is :(

I am going to post links to the supplements I am considering taking every day.

Morning:

https://orbwellness.com/products/smooth-energy-complex

https://www.olly.com/product/goodbye-stress?product_id=0570

https://www.humnutrition.com/product/6/gut-instinct

https://www.humnutrition.com/product/5/big-chill

https://www.preventamigraine.com/

https://www.naturalwellbeing.com/products/attention-hyperactivity?utm_campaign=cse-marketing&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=google-product-search&gclid=CjwKCAiA7JfSBRBrEiwA1DWSG1BsMIn9hhSmX1ldFsfutsyM0HU82FI125sjXUHoUnOmgYxcPAMtLxoC4BoQAvD_BwE

As well as some St. John's Wort Tea

I also have some fish oil capsules already at home, I don't know the specific brand or any specifics off hand

The last link I posted is one that especially worries me, because I DO feel like it's one of the more important pills, However, it says to take 6 a day... :shock:

So, My plan was to take two of my fish oils I already have, 2 smooth energy capsules, 2 goodbye stress ollys, 2 bill chill HUMs, 2 gut instinct HUMs, 2 preventamigranes, and 6 of the adult ADHD ones each morning, as well as drinking a 27oz thing of St. John's Wort tea throughout the day

Night:
https://orbwellness.com/products/sleep-complex

My plan was to, at night, take two of the sleep complex orbs and that's it. Then, after 8 months, switch to some sleep ollys. Nothing more. Simple, so that I don't have too much of a task for when I'm about to drift off :)

Now, I REALLY want to try this... but I am worried about possibly overdosing on vitamins. Do I have anything to be worried about?

jfh

perpetual student
I only see a couple of overlaps, specifically l-theanine. But I don't see how that would be a problem. You went through a lot of effort to find all of that and from different vendors. None of those will accumulate in the body, which would be the problem of "too much". I'm certainly no expert, but I have taken a large amount of supplements for years and years.

Aren't you taking a multivitamin or multimineral complex? It seems like, with your condition, you might want to consider a good B complex. Just curious.

hippieintraining

Original Poster
I only see a couple of overlaps, specifically l-theanine. But I don't see how that would be a problem. You went through a lot of effort to find all of that and from different vendors. None of those will accumulate in the body, which would be the problem of "too much". I'm certainly no expert, but I have taken a large amount of supplements for years and years.

Aren't you taking a multivitamin or multimineral complex? It seems like, with your condition, you might want to consider a good B complex. Just curious.
Now that I thought about it, I actually have 4 more teas I'd be adding. Relaxed mind, stress relief, and positive energy by Yogi, as well as some green tea from well, anywhere, though the green tea would be more of a skin thing than a brain thing :)

I also noticed the L-Theanine overlap and that's what gave me the original concern, I wasn't sure if too much of that could be bad. I honestly don't know too much about l-theanine, though I've heard it could prevent herpes, which is good, killing 2 birds with one stone here :lol: :pepper:

No, I am not currently taking a multi-vitamin, multimineral, or B-complex. I am taking only the fish oil I wrote about in my original post. I'm looking at the bottle now, it is 1000mg of Rexall. I take 3 in the morning, but honestly only when I remember. I also have my teas in the house (everything mentioned BESIDES the st. john's wort, which I need to buy), but I am forgetful with those, also. The reason I haven't taken the others you mentioned is because Google kind of scared me into trying to avoid B Vitamins, I didn't want to overdo it and suffer liver toxicity haha. If I do try this, though, I would probably go with the Women's Multi + Fish Oil by ORB. I like the orbs for their complex ingredients. In this case, I would be able to drop my current fish oil. I actually may drop my positive energy tea and stress relief tea, since boy do I hate jitters (which, I'm not sure why the stress one does that to me, but eh), but I'll play with them a bit to see. I really love my relaxed mind tea, though.

Actually, if possible, I even want to add the orbs for hair, skin, collagen, and nails, but the way this is starting to sound is expensive... as hell... but this one's obviously kind of off topic haha.

Well thank you :thanks: for your reply! Sorry mine back was kind of long :eek:ops2:

jfh

perpetual student
It would be difficult to become toxic from B complex vitamins. They are water soluble. That means they don't need oil or fat to digest. And the body will only use what it needs then flush the rest. That's why it is wasteful to get a B complex for more than 50mg. Actually 25mg is best.

But it is even more important for you to do what is comfortable for you. You can get plenty of B vitamins from foods such as eggs, dairy, fish, poultry.

Oh, and it is better to feed 2 birds with one crumb, than to kill 2 with one stone :) They have a hard enough time competing with human development and destruction.

hippieintraining

Original Poster
It would be difficult to become toxic from B complex vitamins. They are water soluble. That means they don't need oil or fat to digest. And the body will only use what it needs then flush the rest. That's why it is wasteful to get a B complex for more than 50mg. Actually 25mg is best.

But it is even more important for you to do what is comfortable for you. You can get plenty of B vitamins from foods such as eggs, dairy, fish, poultry.

Oh, and it is better to feed 2 birds with one crumb, than to kill 2 with one stone :) They have a hard enough time competing with human development and destruction.

I LOVE the bird reference :heart::heart::heart: this is so funny, sweet, and sad at the same time omg my hearttt my soulll lol

How bad WOULD it be to up the antee on fish oil, though?? I was thinking about this the other day, and actually, if I were to continue taking my current fish oil, AS WELL AS getting the women's multi + fish oil, AS WELL AS getting the getting the "Omega the Great" that HUM has to offer (which includes anchovies, sardines, and mackerel)... getting fish oil from 3 different sources could really kick depression in the bud, don't ya think? But Dr. Google has me scared on that one as well haha

frankquinn85

These days, everything from filtered water to squeezed orange appears to have souped-up dimensions of nutrients and minerals in it. That may seem like an approach to help cover your wholesome bases, particularly if your eating regimen is not exactly excellent. Be that as it may, routinely getting an over-burden of nutrients and minerals can hurt you.

aadees12

Vitamin supplements are good for your health but don't take them too much. Otherwise, it results in bad side effects. If you take vitamin A for a longer time, it can cause coarse hair, cracked lips, rough, and dry skin. However, keep the number of vitamin supplements to a minimum to get its benefits.