Severe Impacted Constipation.....Help!

StormsMum74

Hi,

I have been taking Bentonite Clay for a few months now, but lately, due to a couple of health problems, have doubled my dose of one tsp a day, to over 2 tsp and stupidly have not been drinking much water. Over the last few days, I have really struggled to pass any stools and when I have done, I have had to strain and the small amount of stools that has come out has been very hard. Today though, after not going at all yesterday and only a tiny amount the day before, I have been in pain ALL day because I REALLY want to go to the toilet but cannot!!! :cry: I have drank quite a lot of water AND swallowed two full desert spoons of coconut oil, but still cannot go. Anyway (And sorry this is a bit disgusting!) I eventually inserted my finger up my rectum to try and get some of the stool out to relieve the pressure and it felt like a load of clay was stuck up there! 😦 So, obviously the clay has impacted and this is why I cannot go!
Can anyone give me any advice please as to what I should do next? I'm getting desperate!!
I went out and bought some Senna tablets and have taken two of them, but is there anything else I can do to help myself out of this painful, horrible predicament and quickly????!! 😓

StormsMum74

Original Poster
IT'S OK, I FINALLY WENT!!!!! :D Was a bit of a strain, but WELL worth it!!

You cannot believe the relief and I have learnt my lesson!!!! 😌(y)(y)

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Glad you have had some relief. I've never used bentonite clay, it never sounded very natural to me personally. I do use psyllium husk in the form of a Metamucil type product, but can't stress enough that anything like this MUST be taken with adequate water. I have Cascara Sagrada in my medicine chest for occasional use to encourage a complete bowel movement, it may cause some cramps in people, but the ones I've experienced were not that noticeable.

Glad you learned an important lesson. :)

jaminhealth

I make sure I get enough magnesium, AloeLax, Now Foods Aloe Vera Softgels, and most days I take Ox Bile capsules. And plenty of WARM to hot water. No cold liquids, they only harden everything.

My life history has been constipation and I'm 81 have it all under so much better control with the above.

jfh

perpetual student
I make sure I get enough magnesium, AloeLax, Now Foods Aloe Vera Softgels, and most days I take Ox Bile capsules. And plenty of WARM to hot water. No cold liquids, they only harden everything.

My life history has been constipation and I'm 81 have it all under so much better control with the above.
Thanks for that, jaminhealth. I'm 71 and have been dealing with constipation since childhood. You can probably find my numerous, several year posts on NatMedTalk about that. Seriously, since childhood. I'm not kidding. When I was 9, my mother had to get off from work to take me to the doctor because of pain in my intestines. Doctor said constipation - drink more water. Mom was angry because we were a poor family and this was expensive for her. Anyway, more water was useless.

I'm recently trying chia seeds in oatmeal. It seems to help. Chia releases omega3 better than flax. Flax has to be ground. Chia doesn't. So I will try your recommendation too. The AloeLax.

jaminhealth

This is also a good one and I've taken it too:

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=AloeMaxLax
My mother who lived to 91 was forever eating prunes, she dealt with constipation too....we ate too much sugars and carbs in my life so looking at that can be a huge factor....mom baked goodies all the time...they did that back then. With prunes good to cook them to get them nice and soft and juicy for our system to utilize.

jfh

perpetual student
This is also a good one and I've taken it too:

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=AloeMaxLax
Each of the products you reported contains aloe ferox, also called cape aloe. In Arabia, the cape aloe crystals are used as digestive bitters frequently. A few years ago I posted about digestive bitters here, but can't find it in a search. Your mother and grandmother might have used bitters. The back of the tongue tastes "bitter" and affects the vagus nerve. That causes your body to make enzymes for digestion and helps to balance hormones as well. You can find bitters crystals easily. You just need to keep them in your mouth for even less than a minute as long as the taste gets to the back of the tongue. So capsules won't work. Capsules and tablets will definitely benefit the intestines for constipation and other things, but won't act as digestive bitters. Research this. I think you will find it interesting.