Super healthy -- but hyperparathyroidism got me

Ajax

Despite healthy eating, regular exercise, target body weight etc my blood test showed high calcium and further tests showed an adenoma on one of my parathyroid glands. If gone untreated it leads to kidney stones and heart disease. The cure is a half hour surgery to remove the bad gland and that cures it 100%. BUT! I can't get the surgery because of hospitals overwhelmed by the virus and my surgery is considered an elective surgery. In the meantime my main symptom is crazy fatigue. Sometimes I feel like I don't have the strength to walk across the room. And I am worried this will give me kidney stones and effect my heart. Now is a waiting game. I've always made my health a priority and now I just wait and wait while despite my good habits this eats away at my health. I guess I am just venting here but it's not a good position to be in. Hope none of you get this -- cause is entirely unknown.

jfh

perpetual student
That sounds serious for something that's supposed to be benign. High calcium sometimes indicates deficiency in vitamin D, not just too much calcium in diet. I have iron deficiency anemia, and am trying to correct this via diet. I've had so many things that detox iron from my body, like green tea and NAC and grapeseed extract. But my doctor says I need to see another doctor to find out why I'm not processing iron. I worry about IBS, but I'm trying diet instead. Anyway, it's too late for you to try to correct. Sorry about that.

In Houston Texas, I've heard they are spending a lot of time trying to find hospitals to take patients they can't handle. They have even helicopter flown patients to Albuquerque NM. It is not going to get better until people take this seriously and behave.

Yashraj

Please go for treatment as soon as possible..I hope you will be fine soon...

Antithyroid substance are the drugs which suppress the secretion of thyroid hormones. Hyperthyroidism in early stage can be treated by antithyroid substance.

Three well known antithyroid substance are –

Thiocyanate
Thioureylenes.
High concentration of inorganic iodine.

For more information about kidney stones please read this what-causes-kidney-stones-symptoms-causes-and-treatment

And for more information about Hyperthyroidism read this article What causes Hyperthyroidism- symptoms and treatment of hyperthyroidism

Ajax

Original Poster
I am rescheduled for surgery with a different surgeon on Oct 1. I have seen websites with blogs for people who have had the surgery and the claims are awesome. Return of energy and even thicker hair growth. Looking forward to it.

Ajax

Original Poster
Had my surgery and the results are very good. Energy levels are higher than I can remember. It is NOT hyperthyroidism by parathyroidism -- a different gland altogether. My PTH levels were 192 before surgery -- crazy - back down to about 50 which is normal. I can sleep through the night now and don't have frequent urination. My pulse rate is about 60 bpm when they were over 80 and my blood pressure is on target. I didn't even think I had any kind of illness at all but my doctor saw the high blood calcium and called for tests. My projected lifespan is now increased by 5 to 10 years. I don't like doctors or commercial medicine but this is one case where I have to say that traditional medicine was good for me. I feel like a different person.

Reactions: jfh
Congrats on a successful surgery. Yay :)

Buy yourself something nice to treat yourself :D