Truestorytotell - I'm back!

Hi guys, it's been a long time. I'm back :)

For those of you that remember, I was very active on the forum about 7 years ago, dealing with HPV, and Herpes, and Candida, and all sorts of things. Also had hives for a while, and lichen ruber planus, and everything else. I was poor, I was young-er, and I was in a bad state in every way possible. And it can also be seen by the way I was positing on the forum. Many of my posts had foul language, and improper sentence structure and use of commas and capitalization and stuff like that. Let's just say was a mess from start to finish.

I would like to thank Jfh, Arrowwind and Kind2creatures for your help and time and patience. You helped me so much. I'm sure there are others I forgot about, but I just love you guys and this forum.

At some point I largely disappeared from the forum, as life took its course. I basically dropped everything, moved back to my home country, to a city where I don't know anyone, and for the past 7 years I've spent about 95% of my time alone, working from home, trying to make money! I stopped all healthy living. I went from being poor to being even poorer. I ate nothing, I smoked and drank coffee heavily, I had no exercise whatsoever, and no social life whatsoever. This has been going on for the past 7 years. I've just been working for 20 hours a day 7 days a week, constantly and consistently.

But... I did manage to attain a little something from my efforts. A the beginning of 2020 I bought an apartment for about $55,000 dollars, paid cash. Nothing fancy, but mine! I'm waiting for December for the building to be finished, so I can move in. I bought a decent car for about $3,000 about a month ago. Nothing fancy, a BMW 318d (2003). It's a nice car. And I also have about $35,000 in cash. I figure I'll need about $10,000 to equip the apartment when I move in (fridge, washing machine, bed, all these things). Which leaves me with about $25,000. This money is there to keep me safe and secure, to provide me with a better life. Food, supplements, dentists, etc. And I still have the work that I do where I earn a nice income every month.

Finally, I feel like I am in a good place in life to where I can return to optimizing my health and getting truly healthy and fixing everything that can be fixed.

Starting July 1st, I got up on a scale and I had 61 kilos. I'm 30 years old, and I can wear the same jeans I was wearing when I was 15 years old, and they fit perfect. This is no good. So I began...

I started exercising daily
I stopped all junk food (chips, candy, etc)
I stopped consuming sugar (substituting with honey and xylitol)
I switched to himalayan salt
I started taking probiotics
I started taking vitamin D
I started taking spirulina
I always take vitamin C
I stopped drinking regular cow's milk (I drink organic cow's milk at the moment, and soon will switch to oat milk - organic)
I stopped buying regular bread, I buy only whole grain now
I stopped buying regular cheap juice, I buy one with no added sugar now
I bought 2 good pillows (memory foam) to hopefully sleep better (but i'm not entirely happy with them to be honest)
I started not taking cigarettes with me when I leave the house (but I work from home and spend most of my time at home, where I do smoke)
I started taking better care of my dental situation - brush and mouthwash in the morning, and floss + brush + mouthwash at night (and then I go to sleep without eating anything!!!)

I started eating more quantitatively. Now, I try to eat everything, as diverse as possible. I can't get picky on what I eat, because I have an issue with eating to begin with. And if I start imposing limitation on myself as to what I eat, I'll end up not eating enough. So for now I just stuff my face with everything and anything I feel like, in order to gain weight (but staying away from legit crap, such as chips, candy, ice creams etc - and yes, I know even these things can be made healthy, but that's a topic for another day).

That's it for starters.

More things I'm considering is adding fish oil supplement, and switching to alcohol-free mouthwash, and will be researching on healthy choices for soap, and body wash, and shampoo, and toothpaste, and dishwashing liquid (because what I use now is just the cheap stuff). Also need to buy a healthy hair gel. I use hair gel, the extra super strong one. I need to find a healthy alternative to the one I use now.

When I get my apartment I'm probably going to put in a shower head that filters the water I shower with. Also will put in a reverse osmosis filter in the kitchen, for the water I drink. May also get like an air purifier, to clean the air in my apartment. I'll also buy a bed with an anatomic/orthopedic mattress, to sleep well. I will see what I'm going to do in the apartment exactly... still deciding on how to make my home as healthy as possible. Of course the cleaning products I'll be using in the apartment will be all healthy stuff (soda, vinegar, etc).

And lastly... the time is approaching when I'll have to go in the ring with doctors again. I'm going to have to get my nose done, to restore my breathing. I'll have to get some dental work done. Get the big toe on my left foot checked out, and my knee. I also still have oral thrush that I talked about on this forum years ago. Now I also have what I believe to be eczema on my right leg. I also have a bit of dandruff. I'm pretty sure I have an overgrowth of candida, going on for about 8 years now. The tongue thrush, the eczema, the dandruff... $5 bucks says it's candida/fungus. I also have a little scar I want to see if it can be removed, and a few other minor things.

All that aside, I am in perfect health, believe it or not. I don't get fevers, chills, weakness, nothing. I haven't been to a doctor other than a dentist in like 7 years. There's no problems.

Okay. This post has become quite long, so I will lastly say that I am back, I'll be more active on the forum going forward, and again, just like way back when, I'm gonna need your help guys. But this time I'm older, wiser, smarter, in a much better position in life in every way, and I have a bit of money to support my efforts!

Let's do this thing, for real this time! :)

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Great to see you again! It sounds like things are going very well for you now, that's good to hear. Glad you're taking care of yourself and congratulations on your new apartment.

Original Poster
Hey man, good to see you :)

Thank you. I'll try to be active on the forum from now on. This is my home here. I remember when I first came here and I had HPV... and the urologists wanted to cut me... this forum was the only thing and the deciding factor that stood between me and a circumcision 😢😭:eek:o_O(n)🤯

My penis is super grateful, as am I 😇

Happy to report that after the HPV cleared out, it never came back again. And I've been abusing myself for 7 years, so I can almost guarantee my immune system is super compromised. So I don't believe the theory that HPV remains in your system in a dormant state (like Herpes). When your body clears it, it's gone. That's not to say you can't get reinfected with any of the 100+ strains of HPV, but I don't think it remains dormant.

I have 2 questions, if I may.

1) Is Arrowwind around?

2) I know you're an admin or maybe the owner of the forum. I am not able to login through my regular IP address. I get this error if I try:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /login/login on this server.
"

So I'm using a US proxy to access the site. It's a private proxy, I use them for work. Just wanted to let you know.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
1) Is Arrowwind around?

2) I know you're an admin or maybe the owner of the forum. I am not able to login through my regular IP address. I get this error if I try:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /login/login on this server.
"

So I'm using a US proxy to access the site. It's a private proxy, I use them for work. Just wanted to let you know.
Arrow left a long time ago, you replied to her last thread. Not sure of the exact reason she decided to go offline.
https://www.natmedtalk.com/threads/i-am-leaving-the-forum.26433/

You may want to ask your question about login in the Forum Support section. I don't know the answer and am not the owner, Matrix is....I just voluntarily help out here with moderation.

jfh

perpetual student
Oh! Welcome back. I'm so glad you finally took better control of your health. Don't give up. I know for sure that it is not easy when you get so low. It sounds like you have things very well organized.

I agree. Get off of milk. It's not good for adults. I just read a report a couple days ago. But I was never fond of milk, even though I grew up on a small farm with fresh milk every day. It's good for children but not good for adults. There is even a link with men and their prostates.

What country are you in now? You said you moved back to your hometown. Does your country have a good health care system for you?

Original Poster
Arrow left a long time ago, you replied to her last thread. Not sure of the exact reason she decided to go offline.
https://www.natmedtalk.com/threads/i-am-leaving-the-forum.26433/

You may want to ask your question about login in the Forum Support section. I don't know the answer and am not the owner, Matrix is....I just voluntarily help out here with moderation.
Hmm.. I just thought maybe she returned or you at least know some other place where she hangs out or can be reached. I'd really like to say hi to her, she helped me so so much back when I was dealing with all those problems.

Okay, I may post in the forum support section. Though using a US proxy seems to work fine for me.

Oh! Welcome back. I'm so glad you finally took better control of your health. Don't give up. I know for sure that it is not easy when you get so low. It sounds like you have things very well organized.

I agree. Get off of milk. It's not good for adults. I just read a report a couple days ago. But I was never fond of milk, even though I grew up on a small farm with fresh milk every day. It's good for children but not good for adults. There is even a link with men and their prostates.

What country are you in now? You said you moved back to your hometown. Does your country have a good health care system for you?
Hey hey :)

Thank you. Yes, things are pretty good right now. Knock on wood, not to jinx it 😛

I always liked milk. But it's no problem for me to quit. All my knowledge about all this stuff goes 7 years back... back when I was really researching everything about health and was very active on the forum.

For milk. Cow's milk is not good for humans because the molecules are large. Goat's milk is better, because molecules are smaller and it more closely resembles human milk. That said, cow's milk is for baby cows, and goat's milk is for baby goats, and human milk is for baby humans. Adult humans do not need it.

2 memories I could be wrong about. One is that humans are the only mammals that drink another species milk. And the other is that donkey milk would be the best milk for human consumption. I could be super wrong on these though.

Also, milk causes brittle bones. Countries that consume the most milk have the higher prevalence of osteoporosis. And osteoporosis is a disease where your bones get weak and have holes in them. And the theory is that milk is toxic, and so your body uses the calcium from the bones to neutralize the toxicity. Give it 40-70 years of living like that, and your bones suffer, and you get osteoporosis.

Also, conventional milk comes from cows that are kept in horrible unsanitary conditions, locked up living in filth. So the cows are sick, and given antibiotics and all these medicines to stay healthy and alive and producing. But all that crap is bound to end up in the bottle, which you buy in the supermarket. And also the way they extract the milk from the cows, those machines don't filter out all the phlegm and whatnot, and it doesn't get destroyed during pausterization, and so it ends up in your milk bottle.

Okay, that's what I remember :)

Oh man, I'm in... the Balkans. I'd rather not say the exact country, you know. But Central Europe, Balkans. I actually moved back to my home Country about 7 years ago, but not in my home town. But at the end of this year I'm moving back to my home town, assuming the building in which the apartment I bought gets finished in time and everything.

No, my country does not have a good health system. But from my experience, it's all the same wherever you go. The only thing I haven't tried is money. Like, find the best doctor in the world and pay him/her an arm and a leg to help you. Maybe that works, I don't know, I'm not Bill Gates over here :p

And that creates a major problem for me. Pretty soon I'm gonna need a dermatologist, and orthopedic surgeon, and plastic surgeon. And I'm gonna have to go to doctors in my country, where I don't believe that they possess the most modern knowledge and technology the world has to offer, and I also have no faith in their professionalism. Another issue I encounter is that I like to speak in English with my doctors, because all my medical knowledge is in English. But I'm a native to this country and I speak the language, so when I attempt to speak English, it just feels weird.

In fact I may go to another country to get everything I need done. But I don't know where, I don't know how, I don't even know where to start...

Another issue about my country is that it's so hard to get the things I need. I bought Xylitol. The biggest package I can find is only 300 grams, and it's made in China. Then I wanted probiotics. I went through many pharmacies and health shops, and the biggest one I found is only 20 billion bacteria. And nowhere it says if they're microencapsulated or not. Then I needed Spirulina, and I looked and I looked, and I can only find Spirulina produced in China. This is especially bad for Spirulina because it algae that absorbs everything around it, and China is super polluted, so I have issues with that Spirulina. But that's all I can find. Even finding many options of non-alcoholic mouthwash is difficult.

And then even if I found Spirulina not made in China, or Xylitol larger than 300grams, or non-alcoholic mouthwash, or Probiotics that have more than 20 billion bacteria, that's only gonna be 1 place, 1 brand. I have no choices!

So, this is gonna be difficult on the supplements and the things I'll be needing. It looks like I may have to order from a different country. But supplements and all these things are expensive to begin with, and ordering from outside will probably add more to the price, plus the hassle of ordering and waiting for it to arrive and all that.

But, it is what it is, I'll figure it out :)

Any and all advice is welcome by you guys. I've been out of the game for 7 years, so my knowledge is... like a doctor who graduated university 7 years ago, or a programmer who hasn't coded for 7 years. I know a thing or two about a thing or two, but I can't really apply modern knowledge solutions to problems :)

jfh

perpetual student
It's very inconvenient for you to have difficulty finding supplements. You will have to pay more attention to diet instead. After all, supplements are just that. Supplement to diet. For example, I find that probiotics are so much better in raw unpasteurized sauerkraut, cottage cheese, and kefir.

Anyway, it seems you will have a big change in lifestyle. Go easy on yourself. You can fix it. Stick around too, even though this forum is much less active than when you were here before.

Original Poster
It's very inconvenient for you to have difficulty finding supplements. You will have to pay more attention to diet instead. After all, supplements are just that. Supplement to diet. For example, I find that probiotics are so much better in raw unpasteurized sauerkraut, cottage cheese, and kefir.

Anyway, it seems you will have a big change in lifestyle. Go easy on yourself. You can fix it. Stick around too, even though this forum is much less active than when you were here before.
I think that's good advice from Jfh, if supplements are not available, you have to make the best of it by working with various foods.
It is inconvenient, but I'll figure something out. The good thing is that most supplements don't "spoil." Now, probably they can get stale, I guess. Lose their potency over time. But I'll figure out a way to get the supplements that I want from overseas, and then buy big, and sit on it. Not buy big like a 5 year supply, but you know... enough to get me by for 6 months let's say, and then re-order every 6 mo.

I believe in food, but I don't think food is enough. Like getting high levels of Vitamin C, how many oranges or food high in Vit C do you have to eat to get it? Unreasonably high amounts. But a supplement will give it to you. So supplements are a must, no matter how good the diet, in my opinion.

I'll be updating what I do and how things are going. Surely I'm going to be more active on the forum, even if it's just me and you guys :)

It saddens me that the forum isn't more active to be honest. But I can't really get on my high horse here, as I also disappeared from the forum for many years, even though I had gotten so much from here.

If Arrowwind ever visits the forum and happens to stumble on this post. Contact meeeee, say hi :)