trying to lose weight, fat is still there

andre82

HI all.
I have this enormous problem with my weight. I cannot seem to get rid of extra body fat. I am 185 tall and weigh 105kg. I've been trying all kinds of stuff to lose weight (running, eating less...) but results won't come. I'm 33, almost 34.
As I've been told calorie intake vs calorie consumption is everything, but in my case this is not true as I am eating at a caloric deficit (about 20%), but the weight (fat) won't go off. What is wrong with me? What am I doing wrong?
I eat mostly lean meat, some carbs, quality oil and I do avoid sugary drinks (I only drink water) and I also totally avoid junk food. I eat about 3-4 times per day.
I do drink drink alcohol, but mostly for the weekend.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Hello and welcome to the forum! I think you might have more success if you cut back on your carbs more, try it for a few weeks and see if there's better results. Foods like breads, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. will put on the pounds and add fat.

Also, gaining muscle by lifting weights, they don't have to be heavy...will raise your metabolism and help you to lose weight. Eating too late in the day is bad too, good to stop all snacks or extra eating after your dinner meal.

andre82

Original Poster
Hi. Thanks for taking time and replying.
See here's the thing. I've already cut on carbs, I avoid sugary drinks, don't eat bread at all, eat some pasta and rice from time to time.
My last meal for the day is around 7 - 8 in the evening. I do jogging 1-2 times per week for about 5-7 km each session (pace is about 6:50/km so it's pretty slow - low heart rate).
Still, my scale shows same weight every time I step on it.
I'm really unmotivated because of this....

Ajax

I had the same situation in my early 30s. I decided finally not to lose weight but turn it into muscle. I exercised with heavy weights 6 days a week and my weight remained the same but it all turned into muscle. Also lost 4 inches at my waistline. Trying to lose weight very rarely works - but converting it does. I used a system where you use heavy weights and when you can't lift them any more, go to a lighter weight, and so on until you get the muscle completely exhausted. This tricks your body into thinking it is going into starvation and starts feeding on your fat deposits.
There was also an article on Dr. Mercola's sight about adding a little coconut oil to your meals has a strange side effect of weight loss.

d0ug

Obesity 101
The medical system wants to make this so complicated that you don’t try and figure it out to make money on it by calling it a disease.
Overweight made easy to understand.
If your body needs to get oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide to will be forced to breathe. You can prevent this by holding your breath but in time you will fail. Even if you are under water and know if you breathe it will cause your death but your body will force you to still breathe.
If your body was running low on water it would cause you to drink even if what you were going to drink was unhealthy. This can be seen by alkaline [poison] water holes where you see dead animals or sailor who drink salt water trying to survive and they know but can’t resist drinking.
If your body needs rest it will cause you to go to sleep. This will happen even when you don’t want to like a driver falling asleep behind the wheel of a car. You can fight it or take drugs but n time you will lose. If you try and stop any of these things the end result is death. Your body will do anything to get what it needs
These are easily accepted and understood but when it comes to overweight people think it is different, because that what they have been told by people who don’t know.
When your body gets mineral deficient the body will force you to get them usually by eating and you will be driven by hunger until the body gets what it needs. This is known by the people selling foods like Lays potato chips saying I bet you can’t just eat one.
In the veterinarian medicine they know when a cow, horse or other animals starts eating none food things they give them a salt block [mineral block] and the problem goes away. A pregnant woman finds herself having cravings because the child inside is using up all the minerals so the body has to replace them. There is a disease called pica doctor say it is rare but I say no. Pica see people eating none foods like light bulbs or the stuff in the kitty litter or licking paint off the walls. If there were eating potato chips or French fries, ect. They would not call it pica but it really is.
If your body needs air you will be forced to breathe even when you do not want to.
If you need water you will be forced to drink even when you don’t want to.
If your body need nourishment especially minerals you will be forced to eat even when you don’t want to being over weight is a mineral deficiency. You either are not getting the minerals or you are not absorbing them probably due to a gluten intolerance

Linus [FONT=&quot]Pauling two times Nobel Prize winner said [/FONT]you could [FONT=&quot]trace every disease[/FONT] and [FONT=&quot]every[/FONT] ailment to a mineral deficiency.

andre82

Original Poster
Hello. Thanks for advice(s). But my question is the following (I am trying to understand this from practical point of view). If I eat less than I burn how can I still maintain same weight? I mean, from mathematical point of view if I eat 2000 calories and burn 3000 calories how can I still maintain same weight week after week?? The body must take the missing 1000 calories from fat, right? (at least in ideal situation). Actually my BMR is 2205 calories with no activity; BMR calculator). So I though OK the BMR formula might be wrong for me. SO I've lowered my calorie input even further. Nothing. Still maintaining weight. What exactly is going on here?
I am pouring 1 liter of water in a 2 liter vase and still at the end of the day the vase weights the same as if I would pour in 2 liters of water. Not the best example, but you get my point....

d0ug

Read Obesity 101
No one in the German prison camps was over weight. We are not in prison camps and when you see a bread crump on the table and pick it up and eat it does not get included in your calorie count. I have gone on many diets and cheated on all but thought I did not or say it was just a little and don’t count.
You probably need to be on a 1200 calorie and if you are mineral deficient that will be impossible.

Ajax

There may be a lot of hidden calories in your diet. Avoid processed foods -- frozen foods, canned foods, boxed cereals -- try to eat real foods. Cuts of meat, fresh fruits and vegetables - the calorie counts will be much more accurate. Energy drinks, fruit juices, and health bars are loaded with sugars.

bulrush

1. You say you eat some pasta "from time to time" but do you really know what a serving is? You could be eating 3-4 servings in one sitting without realizing this. This is too many calories you are taking in.
  2. Eat more fresh veggies as filler, it really does help. Eat a big salad, low-calorie dressings (they can have a TON of fat calories), before anything else. Savor the "veggie essence" by putting only a tablespoon of cheese on the salad and no dressing.
  3. Never eat aspartame, sucralose or any other artificial sweetener. There are some studies that say they make you hold onto the fat. Instead use stevia.
  4. Exactly what is your workout and how long is it? How many times per week? You need to workout 45 minutes per day and breathe heavy because you need aerobic activity, which is what burns the fat. In aerobic activity you don't start to burn fat until after 30 minutes.
  5. Absolutely do not misinterpret studies that say "10 minutes of exercise a day is good for you". Yes, it's better than nothing, but it has nothing to do with losing fat.
  6. Are you eating something full of sugar that you think is healthy? Almost all flavored yogurts have a TON of sugar, avoid those like the plague. You must actually read the label to determine if it has sugar in it and how much.
  7. Avoid canned fruits as they often have added sugar. Only get canned fruit without added sugar, but be careful! This almost always means it has artificial sweeteners! Again, read the label carefully.
I think these are the serving sizes I read:

One serving of spaghetti: Make an "O" with your thumb and forefinger. Put dry spaghetti in there. That's 1.5 servings.

One serving of macaroni or other small pasta: 1/2 cup dry

Also check the sauces. They have lots of added sugar! Again, read every label of every item you put into your cart.

Healthy garlic sauce for pasta:

1. 1/4 cup coconut oil
  2. 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or more to taste)
  3. 1-2 tablespoons parmasan cheese
  4. Heat until coconut oil is melted and stir. Drizzle half of this on one serving of pasta.
I have kale smoothies 3x a day. Here's the recipe. Add to blender (you don't need a Vitamix)

1. 10oz water
  2. yogurt of any kind
  3. 1/8 cup lime juice or 1/4 cup margarita mix
  4. Add 2-3 ice cubes if you want
  5. Fill blender the rest of the way with washed kale. Pack it in so the blades will suck it down and grind it up.
  6. Blend well for 2-3 minutes. Start on medium speed, go up to high speed for 1 minute or so.
  7. Store in glass sealable locking jar, add wine preserver to preserve vitamins. It keeps the oxygen away. Oxygen is the enemy of fresh vitamins. Jar like this but bigger.

thunderseed

Haven't you heard of Metabolism? Crash dieting? Starvation mode?

When you reduce your caloric intake, you are basically starving your body.

So let's say, you are like the average crash dieter, you try to stick to a strict meal plan that forces you to eat under a certain amount of calories per day, but every now and then you binge, because that's normal when your body is craving the food it needs. Well, when you go through periods of not eating enough, and then suddenly eating a bit more, your body is going to hold onto the fat stores it receives because it's afraid it's never going to get any more food again. This is a natural coping mechanism the body has to deal with famine. You are basically screwing up your metabolism.

Now, let's say you are a strict dieter who is literally starving themselves, by reducing their caloric intake a lot, on a constant basis. Unless you have an eating disorder that makes you mentally ill, you won't be able to withstand starvation for long, because sane people just can't.
These kinds of dieters often notice a HUGE amount of weight loss. But it's not fat they lose, it's only water weight and muscle loss. Once they start eating again they gain back all the weight and sometimes even more.
Because they too have put their bodies into starvation mode, but they have damaged their metabolism a lot worse than the first scenario.

Seriously, even skipping breakfast for one day can ruin your metabolism. Ever notice a lack of appetite? That's due to a sluggish metabolism.

Obviously, not eating enough is going to ruin your metabolism and make you fat. Why is it common practice on the internet? Because people are stupid on the internet.
The only way to lose fat and keep it off, is to do so in a HEALTHY way, by eating properly and healthy. That means you need to eat the recommended amount of calories for you each day, MORE if you are physically active. Do aerobic cardio to burn fat. Do intense anaerobic cardio and strength training to increase your metabolism. You need to GAIN muscle.
Because muscle IS your metabolism.
The more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn. That's why muscular people need to eat tons and tons of food and never get fat.

To fix your metabolism is very easy thankfully. Basically, just eat lots, and frequently, and gain muscle and start hitting the gym. Stop starving yourself. That's just silly. Of course your body is going to hold onto your fat stores if you aren't eating enough.

Also, there are OTHER reasons as to why people look fat. Sometimes medical problems cause it, or it's not even fat, it might be water retention. I know a lot of people end up losing up to 70 pounds from just cutting out soda pop alone. I think some of those chemicals in our food makes people fat, not because of the calories, but because of the gross chemicals that do gross things to the body.

Sam_Heather

HI all.
I have this enormous problem with my weight. I cannot seem to get rid of extra body fat. I am 185 tall and weigh 105kg. I've been trying all kinds of stuff to lose weight (running, eating less...) but results won't come. I'm 33, almost 34.
As I've been told calorie intake vs calorie consumption is everything, but in my case this is not true as I am eating at a caloric deficit (about 20%), but the weight (fat) won't go off. What is wrong with me? What am I doing wrong?
I eat mostly lean meat, some carbs, quality oil and I do avoid sugary drinks (I only drink water) and I also totally avoid junk food. I eat about 3-4 times per day.
I do drink drink alcohol, but mostly for the weekend.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
You don't need to eat less to lose weight, it's just the question of what food and how you eat that matters. I've been in your situation before but when I change the way I eat foods, changes occurs. For example, I eat fruits for breakfast. If we eat fruits for breakfast, we are giving our body a rich source of natural nutrients everyday. Also by eating fruits, which is rich in fiber, we are cleaning our colon everyday.

I have been taught that we should not mix fruits to other foods because fruits are easy to digest, fruits are easily digest for only 30 minutes and if we mix it with other foods the digestion will take longer. Not only that, the whole meal rots and ferments and this will turns to acid.

Some people told me that they might not have energy to do what they are supposed to do when they only have fruits for breakfast. Actually, it’s the opposite. Remember that digestion is one of the most energy-draining activities of our body. So instead of digesting, the body can now use all the energy for other purposes such as detoxifying.

Mushy

You don't need to eat less to lose weight, it's just the question of what food and how you eat that matters. I've been in your situation before but when I change the way I eat foods, changes occurs. For example, I eat fruits for breakfast. If we eat fruits for breakfast, we are giving our body a rich source of natural nutrients everyday. Also by eating fruits, which is rich in fiber, we are cleaning our colon everyday.

I have been taught that we should not mix fruits to other foods because fruits are easy to digest, fruits are easily digest for only 30 minutes and if we mix it with other foods the digestion will take longer. Not only that, the whole meal rots and ferments and this will turns to acid.

Some people told me that they might not have energy to do what they are supposed to do when they only have fruits for breakfast. Actually, it’s the opposite. Remember that digestion is one of the most energy-draining activities of our body. So instead of digesting, the body can now use all the energy for other purposes such as detoxifying.
Makes sense, but isn't fruit high in sugar which is fattening?

Sam_Heather

Makes sense, but isn't fruit high in sugar which is fattening?
Yes, fruits do have sugar but they are natural sugar. Unlike refined sugar that is easily broken down, natural sugars are more difficult to break down. Thus, it takes its slow time to be released in your body.

Some people really think that fruit and fruit juice is fattening but we have to remember that the only time it will cause any negative manifestations is when it is altered by heat or incorrectly combined. I mean when the fruits is eaten right after any other food. That's why it is important that fruits should be eaten on an empty stomach.

RayMoons

Andre,

Have you done any research on noninvasive transdermal CO2 therapy? It is called deoxyhemoglobin vasodilator and is a five-minute application of medical grade CO2 that induces the Bohr effect- which offloads oxygen inside your body... Will increase your energy, boost your metabolism and help you lose weight.! Look it up and take a look at their science page :

https://www.doxyva.com/Articles.asp?ID=280

RayMoons

Hi. Thanks for taking time and replying.
See here's the thing. I've already cut on carbs, I avoid sugary drinks, don't eat bread at all, eat some pasta and rice from time to time.
My last meal for the day is around 7 - 8 in the evening. I do jogging 1-2 times per week for about 5-7 km each session (pace is about 6:50/km so it's pretty slow - low heart rate).
Still, my scale shows same weight every time I step on it.
I'm really unmotivated because of this....

Andre,

Please look up Deoxyhemoglobin Vasodilator or noninvasive transdermal CO2, a five-minute application that feels like water drops and induces the Bohr Effect which is a body process that offloads oxygen, speeds up your metabolism, and boosts your energy

https://www.natmedtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53?

R

Rosiecont

Do not eat fried foods, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. Limit your calorie intake to 600 calories per day or less.

d0ug

Most people who are over weight have played the game of diet like the yo-yo. You need to ask yourself what causes the erg to eat and this is called pica. In medical literature pica is an erg to eat none food items but erg to eat food is the same disease just more socially accepted. Pica is a mineral deficiency and when you get enough of that mineral it is easy to lose weight it will be natural

Mugdha

There are several diets which help in quick weight loss like the GM Diet, The Atkins Diet, The Three Week Diet Plan, and The Ketogenic Diet Plan and so on. You can choose one which suits your health the most

annop.bharadwaj

Hi, I think you should avoid eating oily stuff and meat. It is the one which increases the cholesterol level and makes us fat. So eat healthy stuff like fruits, sprouts and exercise regularly. This will surely help you to lose the w eight.

d0ug

Cholesterol is an essential ingredient to a healthy body. The longest living people on earth all eat meat. The people who have the lowest cancer and heart problems are carnivorous. This nonsense of not eating meat comes from the medical system who only make money when you are sick.

Natalie

Hello! I am 32 and can't get rid of 5 extra kg. You may say that it's not that much, but with my height, they are quite visible. I do not eat bread, sweets, i drink coffee and tea without sugar. I try to eat more fruits and vegetables. Moreover I run and do excercises every morning. But ey extra kilograms still won't go away!

d0ug

Try fasting two or three times a week and if you find you can not because of hunger that is a sign your body needs nourishment. There is something lacking in your body usually a mineral if so start supplementing with something that has all the minerals your body needs