Vitamins C & K3 vs. Prostate Cancer

Harry Hirsute

Purpose: To evaluate the safety and efficacy of oral Apatone® (Vitamin C and Vitamin K3) administration in the treatment of prostate cancer in patients who failed standard therapy.

Materials and Methods: Seventeen patients with 2 successive rises in PSA after failure of standard local therapy were treated with (5,000 mg of VC and 50 mg of VK3 each day) for a period of 12 weeks. Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) levels, PSA velocity (PSAV) and PSA doubling times (PSADT) were calculated before and during treatment at 6 week intervals. Following the initial 12 week trial, 15 of 17 patients opted to continue treatment for an additional period ranging from 6 to 24 months. PSA values were followed for these patients.

Results: At the conclusion of the 12 week treatment period, PSAV decreased and PSADT increased in 13 of 17 patients (p ≤ 0.05). There were no dose-limiting adverse effects. Of the 15 patients who continued on Apatone after 12 weeks, only 1 death occurred after 14 months of treatment.

Conclusion: Apatone showed promise in delaying biochemical progression in this group of end stage prostate cancer patients.
https://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=18392145

MsKathy

Harry,

This combination has been "out there" at least since I've started teaching myself about cancer therapy with supplements. I can't seem to find the exact dosing of Apatone. Do you have it?

Thanks!

diane25

Ratio 100:1 Vitamin C/ Vitamin K3
Source: vitamincvial.blogspot.com