What do you do...?

When you feel like you're doing everything naturally, but still losing with your health? I think I've finally found the right supplements and such to get better after taking prescription medications for years. I hope that I'll continue getting better. I'm worried about my husband, though, who seems to be getting sick, better for a few days, and then sick again :( it's a frustrating cycle. I miss when he rarely got sick.

jaminhealth

I have been working "naturally" for 30 yrs, got damaged by pharma drug in 80's and that was my turningpoint....avoid pharma drugs with a passion, take thyroid and BP med and a schedule of ibuprofen and that's it.

I have a friend on another group and her husband is suffering with issues and she can't get him to see the "light"..... so she gives up, he just gets angry at her.

My great healer is Grape Seed Extract and I do other supps as well, mostly for arthritic issues.

Thinking about my son in law who would not take Grape Seed Ex yrs ago and died at 55 from lung cancer, I truly believe he would be alive today if he had heard me....

My thinking is most male population is NOT into prevention and goes to docs when things get so bad...an exception in my life is the fellow in my apt bldg who helps me, and he's 57, and I've taught him a lot in the last 2 yrs and he loves the info and does the supplements....

My grandson who is 21 is geared in this direction too, as he's surrounded by females who all feel the same about healing and keeping healthy....also the grands saw their dad suffer and die and it hit home for them.

Last edited:
Original Poster
I have been working "naturally" for 30 yrs, got damaged by pharma drug in 80's and that was my turningpoint....avoid pharma drugs with a passion, take thyroid and BP med and a schedule of ibuprofen and that's it.

I have a friend on another group and her husband is suffering with issues and she can't get him to see the "light"..... so she gives up, he just gets angry at her.

My great healer is Grape Seed Extract and I do other supps as well, mostly for arthritic issues.

Thinking about my son in law who would not take Grape Seed Ex yrs ago and died at 55 from lung cancer, I truly believe he would be alive today if he had heard me....

My thinking is most male population is NOT into prevention and goes to docs when things get so bad...an exception in my life is the fellow in my apt bldg who helps me, and he's 57, and I've taught him a lot in the last 2 yrs and he loves the info and does the supplements....

My grandson who is 21 is geared in this direction too, as he's surrounded by females who all feel the same about healing and keeping healthy....also the grands saw their dad suffer and die and it hit home for them.
It's hard being medication damaged...it feels like it has taken a lot from me, but I'm thankful that the doctor gave me the go ahead and not have to take medication anymore. Praying that I'll never need them again.

I've heard of Grapefruit Seed Extract...actually bought some for my husband a few years ago because he was having trouble with tonsilloths/tonsil stones. Later we figured out he was diabetic and he's been trying a lot of different natural supplements to pull the blood sugar down, but he's also battling a parasite issue, too. I suppose Grapefruit seed extract is different then grape seed extract, isn't it?

I recommend things to him and some of it he's all for, but getting him to stay on a consistent schedule with it seems difficult for him, I guess. He usually forgets. Maybe it's just me having to take medication for years morning and night, I was used to taking pills on a schedule so perhaps it's easy for me to remind him. He's so frustrated, but he still slips candy, soda, and energy drinks and I'm tired of watching him kill himself. Then he's sick and wonders why, and says, "No, it couldn't be the candy. It can't be the soda. It wouldn't be the energy drink." -sigh- He knows they're bad for him, he'll quit for a long while and then just feel like he needs it. Thankfully he's not habitually drinking the energy drinks like he used to, but I do worry about his health. Supplements only do so much good if you keep the sugar and junk in your diet. I'm sure it's difficult for him, but hope he reaches a point where he actually feels healthy.

jaminhealth

People need to wake up and get rid of the sugar habit, bottom line....nothing good about sugar for our health...destroys so much....all the dental work I live with = sugar consumption for years......

And cancer cells love Sugar environment.

Original Poster
People need to wake up and get rid of the sugar habit, bottom line....nothing good about sugar for our health...destroys so much....all the dental work I live with = sugar consumption for years......

And cancer cells love Sugar environment.
Yes, it is detrimental. I am convinced that if I actively avoided it with my life that maybe I would still have more teeth. Then again, my medication (thankfully not anymore) made me so nutrient deficient and that probably contributed to my sugar cravings being off the wall bad. The sugar combined with the nutrient deficiencies did me in. After quitting that medication for a year, I have a lot more control over sugar cravings, thankfully. I know my husband craves it because his leptin levels are nuts, but we're working on it and I think his last visit to the hospital is kind of kicking him to, "I can't be doing that anymore." I hope it sticks and he's realizing that that problems he has will become detrimental if he doesn't act now so I hope we'll be working together on these.

I have had a lot more I've listened to a lot of speakers on the Sugar Summit like Dr. Lustig, Dr. Robert Cywes, Cristy "Code Red" Nickel, Michael Collins, Pete Evans, etc. I am thankful for their work.

jaminhealth

My first wake up call, big call, was hearing Nancy Appleton speak at a Weston Price meeting we had in our town every month.....she's written books on Kicking the Sugar Habit....when she said cancer cells love sugar, that was my lightbulb....

Original Poster
My first wake up call, big call, was hearing Nancy Appleton speak at a Weston Price meeting we had in our town every month.....she's written books on Kicking the Sugar Habit....when she said cancer cells love sugar, that was my lightbulb....
That's cool you had those meetings where you were. It's true, a lot of the more holistic websites about cancer put a heavy emphasis on sugar because it feeds disease.