What is your favorite fruit? Why do you like it?

mbarwalia

Apple .... Good source of Vitamin "A"

Babyblue

Can I say all of them? hahaha I literally love them all. Even the weird durian from Asia.

Ruth

My favorite fruit varies but lately it's been blueberries and because they taste good when ripe and they have so many benefits for the health:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-benefits-of-blueberries#section3
There are 10 good reasons listed in the posted article and I like this one:

3. Blueberries Reduce DNA Damage, Which May Help Protect Against Aging and Cancer

Oxidative DNA damage is an unavoidable part of everyday life. It is said to occur tens of thousands of times per day in every cell in your body (10).
DNA damage is part of the reason we grow older. It also plays an important role in the development of diseases like cancer (11 Trusted Source).
Because blueberries are high in antioxidants, they can neutralize some of the free radicals that damage your DNA.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I like raspberries, they are usually sweet enough to eat by themselves as a treat. Next are blueberries, strawberries and blackberries.

ozzie

I dont think I have found a fruit yet that I don't like,I agree with DavyKOTWF watermelon is a super food and is also great for lowering blood pressure if you can get to eat it regularly.

Rosiecont

I especially like mango, which is different from other fruits. It's so sweet and has a special smell.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I dont think I have found a fruit yet that I don't like,I agree with DavyKOTWF watermelon is a super food and is also great for lowering blood pressure if you can get to eat it regularly.
Funny, I never thought that watermelon had much nutrition at all or special health benefits. It's so watery, I guess that's why I felt that way.

jfh

perpetual student
Funny, I never thought that watermelon had much nutrition at all or special health benefits. It's so watery, I guess that's why I felt that way.
Watermelon has ooodles of health benefits. A quick search will tell you. I found out when searching for solutions to gallbladder stones and kidney stones. But also helps with blood pressure, asthma, inflammation, etc. Also a famous health practitioner, Ladean Griffin, said that it helps new mothers to get their milk flowing. Even though Ms. Griffin was an iridologist and author, at the time she was practicing total fruit diet. She had a baby during that experience.

Last edited:

uniden

I like White Peach. Not sure what its nutritional content is. I assume Vitamin C, as well as phytonutrients.

Norman

''smile and the world will smile back''
Definitely APPLES..an apple a day keeps the doctor away and keeps you regular..lol Also eat the peeling and be sure to wash them good as they are sprayed with pesticides. Pesticides are why those large perfect Washington State red delicious apples are so beautiful. ;)

Bananas all the way. A few reasons.

- I'm a monkeeeey
- They're sweet
- They're not messy
- They're soft
- They're not too expensive