� #1
Old 01-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up A Vitamin C Cold Cure

I've been promoting mega dosaging of vitamin C to bowel tolerance (plain old ascorbic acid) for quite a while but didn't have the opportunity to test it out on myself till a couple of weeks ago.

I had been around a lot of sick people. They had a really bad cold. One that laid them up in bed for almost two weeks. They kept telling me, just you wait! You'll be next. I said naw, I haven't been sick in years. I never get colds...

Well about a week later I had it. (and inspite of my Vitamin D mega dosing I might add) I started on Vitamin C right away. First 8 grams in the AM and then a repeat in the evening. I was feeling pretty sick and really went to flat on my back quickly, as they all had.

The next morning I was still not well, took the vitamin C again. By mid afternoon I was a little better. Repeated in evening and the next day I was fully well. What took them almost 2 weeks took me 2 days with megadosing of vitamin C.

The next week I met a family with a 7 year old who was getting sick. His face was all red. Fever 104. Really bad sore throat. This family had test kits for strep. He was strep positive. I advised them on the use of Vitamin C to bowel tolerance. They started him on 4 grams every 3 to 4 hours. (they used NOW brand vitamin c 1000mg - with bioflavinoids 100mg) Soon they reduced to 3 grams due to bowel tolerance. They also added garlic.

and I found this interesting. She would take 2 large cloves of garlic in one cup of water and put it in the blender till it was in fine pieces. Strain it and drink the water. These kids were use to this and he took it right down.
She also swabed the back of his throat with iodized salt with a q tip.

Two days and he was a lot better. 3 days and he was fully well. They decided to keep the program up for one week due to the strep to try to make sure its gone.

www.vitamincfoundation.org

Last edited by Arrowwind09; 04-25-2009 at 04:42 PM.
� #2
Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Enlightener
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough

very interesting! and a good season to post this.

I haven't gotten anything yet (knock on wood), but I will be sure to tell my walking buddy about this - she teaches preschool. She is exposed to everything..
� #3
Old 01-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

This little boy continues to be quite well but he still tests positive for strep even though his throat is better so the family decided to start him on antibiotics. They did the above protocol for 4 days.

I advised them to test his throat again one month after the antibiotics are complete to see if he is a strep carrier, as some people are.
� #4
Old 04-25-2009, 03:31 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to all
Question Ester-C

Is Ester-C just as good to use as regular ascorbic acid?
� #5
Old 04-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Standing at the Portal

Don't know. I don't use it. You would just have to try on your next cold. I think that it is not recommended by the vitamin c foundation. Here, they talk about why not to use it.
https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/esterc.htm
� #6
Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to allkind2creatures is a name known to all

Thanks Arrowwind09! I guess I bought the Ester-C last time, because I believed that all of our Vitamin C ascorbic acid came from China, and I wasn't comfortable with that, having gone through the melamine in dog food issue, etc. I figured the Ester-C wasn't from China, therefore safer.
� #7
Old 05-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Observer
DietGirl is on a distinguished road

I always drink lots of OJ, and other juices infused with vitamin C. It helps to ward off colds...I rarely get them.
� #8
Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
Unhappy Hellooooooo Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowwind09 View Post
Well about a week later I had it. (and inspite of my Vitamin D mega dosing I might add) I started on Vitamin C right away. First 8 grams in the AM and then a repeat in the evening. I was feeling pretty sick and really went to flat on my back quickly, as they all had.

The next morning I was still not well, took the vitamin C again. By mid afternoon I was a little better. Repeated in evening and the next day I was fully well. What took them almost 2 weeks took me 2 days with megadosing of vitamin C.
Well, it's been several years since I had a cold, but I'm getting (have) one now. I started feeling weird yesterday and started mega-dosing with vitamin C last night before bed. Also had some herbal tea with honey and ginger (powdered).

I've been using Solaray brand with bioflavonoids, rose hips and acerola. Don't know if I've reached bowel tolerance yet, doing 3,000mg per hour or so.

Just took a spoonful of organic pureed garlic with my morning coffee. Also broke out the bottle of Mesosilver I've been saving for a rainy day, taking in 2oz doses. Increased my D3 too, will report the results.
� #9
Old 01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
perpetual student
jfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of lightjfh is a glorious beacon of light

Microbes do not like to live in an environment where silver is present. Colloidal is best of course.

When I have any feeling of virus or bacteria, I always reach for the Pau d'arco. I also try to use curcumin (powerful antioxidant) and cat's claw. But normally the silver works.

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.." - Albert Einstein
� #10
Old 01-10-2011, 12:33 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Microbes do not like to live in an environment where silver is present. Colloidal is best of course.

When I have any feeling of virus or bacteria, I always reach for the Pau d'arco. I also try to use curcumin (powerful antioxidant) and cat's claw. But normally the silver works.
Thanks Jim. I'm taking the colloidal silver. I don't have any Pau d'arco or cat's claw, but will take some Turmeric caps I have.
� #11
Old 01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Lecturer
pinballdoctor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Microbes can't live in an environment where silver is present.

When colloidal silver is made, one electron is removed from each silver atom. When this happens, the silver "ion" is now positively charged. As the process continues, millions of silver ions are deposited within the pure water. Since like poles repel, these ions remain as single units, however, it is possible for two or more ions to form groups, even though they are not stuck together magnetically. These groups are called colloids, thus, colloids of silver or colloidal silver.

The ionic silver is what kills pathogens, but it is the positive charge of the ion that "attacks" these in much the same way as ozone, or activated MMS.

Last edited by pinballdoctor; 01-11-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Tags
cold, vitamin c
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.