Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Alternative Therapies

� #1
Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Enlightener
D Bergy has a spectacular aura aboutD Bergy has a spectacular aura aboutD Bergy has a spectacular aura about
Default Homeopathy questions.

I have used homeopathic remedies one a couple of occasions, but I really cannot tell if the treatment had any effect. Mostly because of the lack of symptoms to follow, but I will have a chance to test a hay fever remedy this fall.

My first question is have any fair studies been done that either proves or disproves the principle of homeopathy?

Another question is what conditions does Homeopathy work well for? For those who practice it, what are you using it for?

Thank you.

Dan
� #2
Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Observer
ltlmtnhomeopath is on a distinguished road

Hello Dan.

There have been scientific studies that have shown homeopathy to be effective. I think that with classical homeopathy, which is what I practice, it can be difficult because our remedies are based on the individual, so we hardly ever use just one remedy for one condition, unless we are using homeopathy in a first aid situation. So, the way classical homeopathy is administered makes it difficult to study in the same way that one would study a pharmaceutical drug. There are studies and if you do google searches you will come across them.

I have some very simple, straightforward information about homeopathy on my website. It's still a work in progress though and I would very much like to include studies in my homeopathy FAQ very soon.

https://www.littlemountainhomeopathy....sked-questions

I have used homeopathy for many conditions successfully. It is not as successful with very serious diseases such as MS or Parkinson's. I have definitely had success with allergies.

Sonya McLeod, BA, DCH
Little Mountain Homeopathy
� #3
Old 06-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned
Mandrake is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandrake

Hi Dan

You said you were using homoeopathic medications but had little symptoms to follow, what were you using homoeopathy for? Can you remember what was prescribed for you and why?

I would like to refer you to some studies I have found online that you may be interested in:

A randomised, controlled, triple-blind trial of the efficacy of homeopathic treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome.

Use of and satisfaction with homeopathy in a patient population.

However to date there is no conclusive evidence in support of or disputing the effect that homoeopathy has on disease management. There was one study in Lancet which claimed to prove that homoeopathy doesn't work, but there were major flaws in the study design and the article got retracted.

We know that it works, I just have to look at the number of my own patients I have helped who have gotten better to know that it does work. I have also seen the effects on myself when using homoeopathy to know that it works.

We are not sure how homoeopathy works. One theory is the memory of water, but this is also a controversial topic to discuss on a whole new thread.

Homoeopathy works for a wide array of conditions from acute conditions such as hay fever to chronic conditions such as lupus. The key is to have homoeopathy prescribed by a good practitioner. There are a lot of quacks out there, as I am sure Sonja will agree, who do homoeopathy no good. However homoeopathy used in the hands of a skilled practitioner, supported by the correct use of herbs and supplements can have phenomenal results.

One case that I will always remember, was with my own son, when he was about 8 months old. He woke us up in the middle of the night with screaming due to pain from teething. One dose of Chamomilla vulgaris 200Ch and he was calm and back to sleep within 5 minutes.

Babies do not demonstrate a placebo effect and I would love for someone to explain to me how the effect I saw on my son was no more than a placebo effect?
� #4
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Here are some of the things I have seen cured either in me, someone close to me or people I have treated. These are really the main symptoms cured. So often other things cure along with the symptom of complaint, especially on the mental/emotional level. So when I say there was a cure of insomnia along with it goes the stress, the underlaying bad realationship or self-esteem issue or whatever mental picture was going on with it. In one case of eczema the child was having separation anxiety and bonding issues that got resolved with the eczema. You always consider the totality of the case. You have to look at the mentals...and use that picture to help select the remedy.

a parasitic disease similar to malaria
chronic constipation
insomnia
chronic snotty nose
Chronic Migraine headaches
arthritis
warts
many different flu cases over the years
allergies
sinus infections
severe bruising - bruises gone over night!
pain relief for broken bones
speedy healing of complicated fractures
ear infections
baby colic
chronic recurring respiratory infection in children
morning sickness
depression
menstrual irregularities
eczema
dandruff
acid reflux
vaginal yeast
Profound grief
scoliosis
poison ivy
and chronic poison ivy
bronchitis
fevers of all sorts
brain fag, inability to speak clear sentences
sore throat with abscess
severe skin boils/infection due to animal bite
allergic skin reactions
bad manners in cats
Norwalk virus - the Genus Epidemicus� the remedy for the epidemic is Bismuth. In the 8 cases I treated all received bismuth and all cured in about 2 hours.
skin cancer

� #5
Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Mandrake you can find studies on homeopathy here. Go to Alternative Therapies on the site below and click on H then click on Homeopathy. These are done at a hospital in Pennsylvania I think.

https://www.alleghanyregional.com/hea...acist-Consumer
� #6
Old 06-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Banned

Thanks Arrowwind09, checked it out. What a great resource.

You may also not be aware that the world health organisation has declared that homeopathy is the second most used medical system internationally. Visit here for details https://www.zeusinfoservice.com/Reports/10-1-06.html.

If this is the case how can so many people worldwide be using a system that is nothing more than a placebo?
� #7
Old 06-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Observer
angelad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
Thanks Arrowwind09, checked it out. What a great resource.

You may also not be aware that the world health organisation has declared that homeopathy is the second most used medical system internationally. Visit here for details https://www.zeusinfoservice.com/Reports/10-1-06.html.

If this is the case how can so many people worldwide be using a system that is nothing more than a placebo?
Definitely, pretty good source of info.
� #8
Old 06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Lecturer
just me is on a distinguished road

Arrow, what was the treatment for the chronic migraine headaches?
� #9
Old 06-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Standing at the Portal

Hi Just Me,

The woman I helped I never met. It as all done through the mail. She also only spoke Spanish so I chose to use Heel Homeopathic Remedies. She had been though the diagnostic mill and they found no treatment that was effective for her, hence she spent her day in a dark room unable to raise her children. She was the sister in law of a friend of mine.

I sent her Heel's Gelsemium Homaccord and Spigelon and told her to take as directed on the bottle plus repeat if she feels a headache coming on. In one month she was quite well and was caring for her family again. Checked back about 6 months later and she continued to be well. You can purchase them at www.iherb.com
If that had not have worked so well, say only partial releif I would have added Heel's Chelidonium Homaccord and possibly Coenzyme �ompositum and Ubichinon compostum. Because she didn't need these remedies it indicates in the Heel system that the disease was not too deeply rooted. If I came to think that there was a hormonal issue, as some migranes have, I would have included Hormeel.
� #10
Old 06-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Banned
Default Heel products are wonderful

I use a lot of Heel products, especially their injectables. They really do work great.

I particularly like the spascupreel, I give it subcutaneously as an injection over muscles that have gone into spasm. It works wonders to relax them.

This is especially useful if I am unable to relax a muscle effectively after massage, then the spascupreel does the rest of the job for me.
� #11
Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 AM
Standing at the Portal

Spascupreel, I am using that right now.
I have had severe severe back pain for about 2 months now, going to physical therapy and things looked ok in the x-ray but now the doc wants to do an MRI due to the relentless sciatic pain I have been having down my legs.. I don't know why it took me so long to think of it..but I started Spascupreel and Zeel tablets about a week ago and the results have been great! (I never think too well when it comes to my own care and likely the pain was clouding me) The sciatic pain has gone I am now thinking of canceling that MRI. Improvement was almost instant the day I started.

Madrake, I wish I had someone to inject for me. I can feel a spastic rope in my back at the L4 L5 site.
When you do Sub Q injections it truely is Sub Q right? Not into the muscle? How much do you inject? The whole vial? I could probably find someone to do it for me. I should do it right over the tight muscle? Do you use filtered sq needles? I've never seen those around, only the larger gauge.

How often do you think an injection for this should be repeated? I'm thinking a repeat may not be needed at all considering how well the pills work. Can I mix traumeel with the spascupreel in one shot?

Don't freak. I am a nurse and have lots of folks around that could help me with this.
� #12
Old 06-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Banned

Arrowwind09

You can mix the traumeel and spascupreel together, and when you inject definately go sub cut. There are too many nerved in the back to risk going I.M. I would mix both vials together in one syringe and then inject in multiple points along the length of the muscle.

I use very fine needles for the subcut, the colour on the plastic where it connects to the syringe is grey, I am not sure of the gauge. I am not at my practice now. But they are tiny. Just enough to get past the surface of the skin into the subcuaneous tissues.

I would advise two injections a week, or every 3rd day until the pain subsides.

Also to combine it with crampbark herb if you can find it in a tincture. Take 15 drops three times daily.
� #13
Old 06-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Enlightener
D Bergy has a spectacular aura aboutD Bergy has a spectacular aura aboutD Bergy has a spectacular aura about

First of all, my diagnostic testing was done by an EAV device. I do not know if these are accurate or if they work at all. The testing indicated that I had systemic H-Pylori infection. I have treated for H-Pylori in my stomach and killed it using a Rife machine with the frequency 676hz. It resolved the symptoms immediately and I have not had a problem since.

It could very well be that I still have H-Pylori other places. The stomach is a hostile environment and just a weakening of the bacteria would likely be enough for the acid to finish off the infection. If I do in fact have a systemic H-Pylori infection, I have no symptoms that I can go off of to know if I have rid myself of it.

The homeopath gave me a product called Septistat that was imprinted with frequencies thought to help rid the body of H-Pylori. I felt no different taking it than not taking it, and I think that is expected since I have no symptoms to resolve.

The second remedy was for a mold allergy diagnosed my muscle testing. Another diagnostic method that seems to me, unreliable at best. Holding a bottle of remedy is supposed to provide some kind of feedback through the muscles by a mechanism that I certainly cannot identify.

A prior skin prick test showed an allergy to Ragweed, but the muscle test shows mold. All I know for sure is that a skin pin prick with Ragweed will inflame my skin.

The remedy for the mold allergy is a product from a company called Dynamic Nutritional Associates Inc. It is called A-21 Mold Mix #1 Homeopathic Antigen. It has multiple ingredients and it indicates a dilution (I think) of 6/12/30x or whatever the number indicates.

Anyway, I got it late in the hay fever season for me, and was not able to properly assess if it worked or not. I will try it again this Fall, and maybe I can tell if it helps or not.

That is the sum of my experience with Homeopathy. I am fairly certain there is something to it, as too many credible people have had results. I just do not know where the real results begin and where the mumbo jumbo jumps in. There always seems to be this element in most all alternative treatments, and even in conventional treatments.

I like to reduce things down to as simple a level as possible, without non essential aspects. That is hard to do when trying to learn about something totally unfamiliar to any past experience.

Dan
� #14
Old 06-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Banned

Hi Dan

I am sorry to say, but it sounds like you saw a quack. Just my opinion. I myself rely on scientific laboratory blood testing to make my diagnosis, and certainly not this stupid machines like scio, quantam xeroid, and EAV device. I also have no faith in muscle testing.

When you get hayfever talk to me, or have a look at my blog. There are real solutions there with real medicine suggested, not some medicine made in a machine with some frequency added to it.

That is my opinion, I would love to know what the other homoeopaths here think.
� #15
Old 06-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Enlightener

I do not know if it is quackery or not. But when I know little about something, I am naturally skeptical of it. I do not rule it out, but I also have no particular reason to believe it either.

I have experience with Frequency treatments, and the mechanism is explainable and reproducible. I also have used them enough to know they can work in some circumstances. Lyme patients use them extensively, and they can help immensely in keeping the bacteria in check. Other uses are hard to confirm reliably.

Using frequencies as a diagnostic tool would seem to be much more difficult. It certainly is theoretically possible to diagnose with this method, but technically I think it would be a huge challenge. I just question whether it is possible to have advanced enough to actually make this possible today.

Muscle testing, even if it works, would seem to have so many other variables involved that I do not know how you could rely on it. But, maybe it does work. Just because I cannot explain how it would work does not mean it does not. I really cannot explain gravity either, but I cannot deny its existence. I would need some objective proof or first hand experience before I could trust it.

Another problem with such a diagnostic tool is that it ultimately is subjective and relies on some skill that most people would not have. If that is the case it really can only benefit you if you happen to know who these gifted people are. That is not real useful for the general population, but could help a few.

The homeopathic remedy was an off the shelf item with the addition of frequencies. The active ingredients themselves probably do something without frequencies, but I just have no way of measuring effectiveness or lack of effectiveness.

I had already resolved my Crohn's symptoms before I saw this person. Basically I was there because of my wife's Lyme disease, but I figured I would try it out since I was there anyway.

The product he gave my wife did kill Lyme bacteria. She had the same die off symptoms as any other effective treatment. This product called Spiro did have active ingredients that likely would have an effect. She seemed to get allergic to it after using it for a while.

So I can vouch for this product, but it did not work out for her because of an adverse reaction over time. If it was diluted to the point that most homeopathic remedies are, then I can say that this aspect of homeopathy has credibility to me from experience.

He did identify the Lyme and Babesia in my wife that I had previously identified by symptoms. I made the mistake of mentioning these previous to his testing, so it really does not verify any of his findings. I should have said nothing, but I was not really thinking about it beforehand.

It is an interesting subject, and I have a lot to learn. I hope some others chime in here and present their views. Feel free to correct any false assumptions or opinions I have on the matter. I am here to learn, and I have been wrong a few thousand times before.

Dan

Tags
homeopathy
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.