Branchial Cleft Cyst

singer girl

I forgot to mention that I also use Progesterone creme and red meat for protein

Essiemay

I am a 25 years old, and the beginning of this year I noticed a lump on the left side of my neck. I went to the Dr. to find out what it was, and found out that it was a BCC. It was growing rather quickly, and the surrounding area was extremely painful. The cyst itself did not hurt at all. It was decided that the best thing to do would be to drain it, and then when the inflammation was completely gone, to remove it. Once it was drained, it reduced to about the size of a marble, (it was about the size of a chicken egg)
. I have not tried to schedule surgery yet, but it has started to grow again. I would really like to avoid the surgery if at all possible. I have started putting a salve on it topically, and I was wondering if anyone has had success with that. The stuff that I am using is called "Nature's Sunshine Black Ointment". I am going to try some of the supplements that were mentioned and see how they work for me. Also, has anyone heard of using Activated Charcoal? Either topically or orally? Thanks for all the info that is already out there.

soulclutch

I've had a large egg-sized BCC on the left side of my neck for nearly a year, and finally figured out what it is, after three doctors, and a few tests. None were willing to treat it any way, but maybe that's OK. I'm glad I found this thread, and I'm going to try some of the things people have recommended. Hopefully I can avoid doctors. I'll let you know how it goes.

Angelika1234

I'm looking for some helpful ideas. About a year ago my wife developed a branchial cleft cyst. This is a birth defect that sometimes shows up later in life. When she first had it diagnosed we were told that it would be fine as long as it didn't become infected and then surgery would be the answer.
About three months ago it began to swell and became about the size of a baseball so we went to the surgeon and made arrangements to have it removed. In the meantime, I began administering a mixture of herbs and it reduced in size to about where it was when we first went to the dr a little over a year ago. Our family doctor told her that so long as we are able to control it she would be better off not having the surgery. I, of course, agree.
I would like to see it reduced even further so she is continuing with the decoction but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing and if you might suggest what I can do to shrink it even further.
I'm using dandelion root, yarrow, marshmallow root, white willow bark, ginger root in the mixture and she is also taking plantain and yellow dock in capsule form.
Any ideas?
Hi, I know that this post is from 6 years ago. But if you are still active I would truly appreciate your advice. My daughter just turned two years old and unfortunately she was diagnosed with a branchial cyst. The doctor said that the surgery is a must. But before the surgery the cyst infection needs to be taken care of. I'm afraid that traditional antibiotics won't help get all of the infection out so she may then need something much stronger. That is why I would love to know how you prepared the herbal mixtures for your wife. It would be of great help if you could give me a step by step recipie. Did you boil all these herbs? Did she eat them, drink them or applied it to the cyst? Thank you in advance.

El Fringio

Hello,

I am going through something similar with my partner but am new to herbal remedies.
please let me know how you made this remedy, dosages etc. that be so helpful. one thing we are about to try is raw honey 1 tbl spoon a day and apple cider vinegar 1 tbl spoon in a glass of water 3 times daily.

ttka

Dental assistant noticed a lump on my neck, and it was diagnosed 3 weeks later as branchial cleft cyst. It started out soft, and is now larger and rock hard and extending past my jaw bone versus just being a smallish lump below the jaw (has been 6 weeks since I noticed it). CT to diagnose and biopsy to check for cancer (which was neg). Was not painful until a flight caused ear and head pain on the cyst side for several days, and then the change from being an obvious lump, to more of an inflamed area after the biopsy a week and a half ago. Get headaches, ear aches often, if not constantly. The ENT wants to schedule a surgery, and this is the first time I've read it can be made smaller with natural remedies. Want to try this route to at least make it smaller by the time the surgery happens, and also really want to make sure I get a good surgeon, but don't know how to find one experienced in BCC.

I've never taken vitamins or herbal remedies, and have no idea how to begin taking or applying anything listed in this forum. How would I go about starting on this route. We do have some nearby herbal remedy shops.

ttka

I am going to start steeping tea from some of the herbs/plants listed in this forum. Maybe go for 2-3 tbsp of steeped tea of each kind into a separate cup and top it off with hot water (3x a day).. not sure if its possible to overdose on these?

Turmeric root (grated fresh)
Ginger root (grated fresh)
Nettle (picked/dried)
.. will try and get my hands on others as well soon

Also just because I have it around:
Dandelion (tea packet)
willowherb (picked/dried)

I also slather a propolis/alcohol mix (tincture?) once a day, and then make a crisscross pattern over the cyst area with iodine (which gets a little itchy/burn not sure if thats how it is supposed to be used, but definitely wouldn't slather it on)

Last edited:

Kay Bei

Hello,
Dear original Poster and all... Hope all are doing fine now...

It's amazing to get to know various remedies for BCC. I'm 30 and few months back I got with it in my right neck. It's almost painless (almost as if I sleep on that side it negligibly pinches to pain) and by now I have consulted around 8 doctors and all have concluded to surgery. I dont have faithin any. Also Have got couple of USGs and CT Scan. It mentions 2nd Branchial Cleft Cyst. However, while making efforts to lose weight I coincidently started with Apple Cidar Vinegar (5 ml in a glass of water) and surprisingly my swelling started subsiding in just two doses. It's almost 5 days now and it has reduced to almost a size of a big marble from that of an egg. I don't know if its really too fast or its just that my swelling is getting off. But yes it seems to be working.

Couple of in here, I read, have already tried ACV. Can anyone update on their improvements please? Like many in here even I'm in no acceptance of surgery.

Indeed I'll post here to update on my improvements and any other remedy if I may come across.

Please Guide.
God bless!

Last edited:

Himani

Hey All...

I have just been diagnosed with Branchial Cleft cyst (5 cm in length)... Its painless...and it subsides on its own after 2 days without any medication...I am 35 years of age

I would be willing for homeopathic treatment provided it doesn't come back after few months in larger size..

I am ok with surgery also... But looking for recommendations..

Regards

ttka

Posted here Aug 2017 while I was in a lot of pain due to my newly formed branchial cleft cyst. It is now gone and has been for some time. I think mine lasted six months + maybe. In addition to the things I mentioned in my original two posts, I had also been drinking ginger, turmeric, raw honey, ACV, and had done three poultices, each of the ingredients on their own for an hour or so with heat packs (castor oil, Himalayan salt, beaten cabbage leaf, grated russet potato). Also started an anti inflammatory diet. And started drinking out of glass waterbottles when I was at the gym the days a week. Don't know what did it, but glad its gone. WIll try to update if it ever comes up again. Stopped doing all those things once it went away.

Curious if this correlates with anyone else. I was diagnosed with a patch of shingles that week I came to inquire about the lump, and had a cold sore develop as well. So was on Aclyvair antibiotics for a little bit. Not sure id what caused the shingles caused the dormant cleft cyst to activate as well.