Bras and Breast Cancer

pinballdoctor

I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but I just couldn't let this unscientific garbage slide by as fact.

Although I do agree that a bra may interfere somewhat with the lymphatic system, thats where I draw the line.

First, bras don't cause backache, big boobs do.

Fibrocystic breasts are caused by a deficiency of nutrients, especially iodine, not from wearing a bra... and breast cancer, in most cases, is caused by a deficiency of selenium and iodine as well as other essential minerals, not from wearing a bra....that is just silly!

I swear they come up with crap like this so they can get more cancer donations. Its bad enough they still push for annual mammogram and useless PSA tests.

The war on cancer has been lost in a river of pink.

knightofalbion

There may be something to it...

'Avoid wearing a bra for too much of the day. Women who wore a tight fitting bra for 14 hours or longer a day were 50% more likely to develop breast cancer. At the very least find yourself a comfortable, loose fitting bra that doesn't block lymph drainage'
- Hazel Courteney (From '500 Of The Best Health Tips You'll Ever Need')

Cookie

Lovin' life~
There may be something to it...

'Avoid wearing a bra for too much of the day. Women who wore a tight fitting bra for 14 hours or longer a day were 50% more likely to develop breast cancer. At the very least find yourself a comfortable, loose fitting bra that doesn't block lymph drainage'
- Hazel Courteney (From '500 Of The Best Health Tips You'll Ever Need')

Tight fitting 'cup'.. they should be more specific because right off, you think of the band going around. We all wear (well, not you of course lol.. maybe only special situations? j/k!!!) trendy things such as VS push-up bras and such. Things are somewhat smashed to give that fuller, sexy cleavage.
It does make sense..

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
I always experienced tender/sore breasts during menstruation, but it makes sense now that I think of it, becuse there was swelling during that time, yet I made no changes in bra size to accomodate, so the pressure/tightness was likely contributing to the monthly pain.