Caffeine

agentcooper4798

I feel dumb asking this but here goes. I am trying to give up coffee for good. I have tried weaning my self off it but i don't have the willpower. Every day i wake up and am determined to not have coffee. I make it to about noon. I don't know what to do i am simply not strong enough. It is my last vice. Any advice on how to get the strength and willpower to actually do is.

jfh

perpetual student
There are numerous benefits to coffee. So, it's no need to give it up. I guess I'm not helping your decision. Am I?

Substitute with tea, which has lees caffeine. Or even hot water. When you feel the need to have something hot, just drink a cup of hot water. Add lemon and stevia or honey for another health benefit. Just substitute.

u&iraok

I feel dumb asking this but here goes. I am trying to give up coffee for good. I have tried weaning my self off it but i don't have the willpower. Every day i wake up and am determined to not have coffee. I make it to about noon. I don't know what to do i am simply not strong enough. It is my last vice. Any advice on how to get the strength and willpower to actually do is.
Coffee is good for you as long as you don't drink 50 or more demitasse-sized cups of day like Honoré de Balzac supposedly did who supposedly drank strong coffees one right after the other and supposedly died from it! :yuck: He said:

"… you will fall into horrible sweats, suffer feebleness of the nerves, and undergo episodes of severe drowsiness. I don't know what would happen if you kept at it then: a sensible nature counseled me to stop at this point, seeing that immediate death was not otherwise my fate."

larryz

Substitute. The greatest most natural even all day long lasting caffeine kick is by drinking yerba mate loose tea. It's literally changed my life. Try it. www.guayaki.com You can find it in better grocery and health heath food stores or online at Swanson's.

pinballdoctor

This sounds like a good reason to switch to chaga tea. I switched to chaga tea 2 years ago and haven't had coffee since, and the best part is I don't even miss it.

Apples

I think the best way to quit coffee is to fall in love with another drink. Otherwise, you'll probably keep getting back to it for a little love!

mintymoon

I find coffee beneficial for me. It helps boost my energy.