celery seeds, reduce blood pressure & joint pain

bravebat

Hi all,

I've been doing some reading on reducing blood pressure & relieving joint pain and found that celery seeds seem to be a good all rounder for this. The one thing I can't seem to find is how much of the seed should be taken and how often. I am specifically talking about the seed and not the capsules or actual stalks.

Anyone one have an idea?

Thanks

bravebat

Original Poster
Hello all,

Have I posted the previous message on the wrong forum? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

jfh

perpetual student
You're ok. Apparently, no one knows the answer. I agree that celery seed is very good for blood pressure. I've used it in cooking. But I prefer capsules. This way I can be sure that I get a standard amount each day. And it is way more convenient in capsules.

bravebat

Original Poster
Thanks Jfh for taking the time. Since posting I’ve tried a teaspoon of celery seed. I’ve got to say, never again!! It was disgusting. So I’m going to move on to the capsules.
all the best,
Bravebat

Beach Man

Celery and especially celery seed, is one of those few foods, which like peanuts, can cause a severe allergic reaction for those few people who have a sensitivity to it. Therefore, for those who have allergies of any kind and who wish to take celery seed for its health benefits, it's advisable to start with a very small amount to see if there is a negative reaction. Dr. Axe has written an excellent article describing the many benefits of celery and celery seed. However it isn't until nearly the very end of the article that he writes the following precautionary note:

"Precautions

Although an allergy isn't very common, celery is among a small group
of foods that is associated with causing severe allergic reactions in
some cases, similar to a peanut allergy. When someone who is allergic
to celery is exposed to its oils, exposure can cause potentially fatal side
effects. Celery seeds contain the highest levels of allergen content,
which is not destroyed during cooking, so celery should be completely
avoided by anyone who has a known food allergy."

You can read the entire article extolling the many benefits of celery and celery seed at the following Link:

https://draxe.com/benefits-of-celery