Digestive system and overall health been poor since military service

healthquest

Hi all- posting this to general health because it's such a broad topic-

My name is Kyle, and I wanted to seek some advice regarding my health. I grew up eating "normal" American diet (meat and potatoes, GMOs, ice cream etc) with minimal exercise. I enlisted in the US Army on active duty in 2008 where my exercise level obviously increased. Despite the physical activity, I was always sore, tired and grumpy. As many of you know, the military will administer a plethora of vaccinations when soldiers travel abroad for training and deployment, along with serving MREs (meal ready to eat) which are high in preservative and cause constipation. (I literally lived of these for a while in Iraq) I really started to notice problems about a year after we returned from Iraq. (we did consume some local food there, but very small amounts). During the summer of 2012, I noticed that along with increased constipation, my stomach was tight and hard to relax. At the same time, while pushing through physical training, my body would be extremely tight and sore, and brain fog began to become a noticeable problem for me. (Diagnosed with ADHD at a young age, brain fog increases lack of focus, drive etc) Fast forward to fall of 2014, I was experiencing extreme constipation, sometimes going 5-7 days without a bowel movement. My wife and I desperately began searching for answers and solutions. We tried the "candida cleanse" from Christa Orrechio with the whole journey. While this diet/lifestyle produced AMAZING results, it was simply not sustainable for us. After about 3 months, we finally broke and slowly began backsliding into our old diet. I just graduated college last June but after some radical circumstances, moved across the country to Indiana so my family here could help my wife and 3 kids while she was receiving cancer treatments and I was at work. My job exposed me to a number of petroleum products and other chemicals, and now I feel achy and sick all the time.

I know I'll likely end up going to see a naturopath for labs, stool tests, etc, but was hoping I might find some guidance in the meantime while we get our medical insurance and financial situation sorted out.

I've been trying to drink aloe vera juice, add MCT oil to coffee, eat more vegetables (which make constipation even worse, despite being cooked) and had a little improvement, but also experiencing extreme brain fog.

Where's a good place for me to start? I know a little about SIBO, leaky gut, candida overgrowth and the connection between digestive health and brain function. I have a feeling that chemical exposure and vaccinations from the military may have depleted the healthy components of my microbiome, but unsure of where to start and what's needed to get me built back up again. Blessings to all, thanks to anyone who can offer some guidance :D

Kyle

Audi

Have you tried probiotics?, acidophilus and bifidus in particular improve digestion and restore normal flora, it is not a quick fix but taken regularly you may see some improvement within a few months

jaminhealth

Well OP you've been thru it. For starters I would work to get "moving" daily and think about magnesium citrate 500mg a couple times a day, aloe vera softgels is what I take and I've been taking AloeLax with Fennell seed for years. More Vit C daily also helps to bowel tolernace.

And I agree with the above on the probiotics.

And you could do some search on Ox Bile and it aids the gallbladder and many get improved movements, I use it now for a couple yrs.

And plenty of room TEMP water, not COLD...and cut meats way down too.

Do your best to Eat Smart...and stay away from vaccines.

healthquest

Original Poster
Have you tried probiotics?, acidophilus and bifidus in particular improve digestion and restore normal flora, it is not a quick fix but taken regularly you may see some improvement within a few months
Thanks so much for the responses! I used probiotics several times while doing the candida cleanse, but it was applied after a clean out phase. I've tried acidophilus but not yet bifidus, I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Well OP you've been thru it. For starters I would work to get "moving" daily and think about magnesium citrate 500mg a couple times a day, aloe vera softgels is what I take and I've been taking AloeLax with Fennell seed for years. More Vit C daily also helps to bowel tolernace.

And I agree with the above on the probiotics.

And you could do some search on Ox Bile and it aids the gallbladder and many get improved movements, I use it now for a couple yrs.

And plenty of room TEMP water, not COLD...and cut meats way down too.

Do your best to Eat Smart...and stay away from vaccines.
I'm certainly doing my part to avoid the vaccines! Thank you for the recommendations, I'll certainly give them a try!

blaqhanma

I used to eat 3 triple cheese triple meat plain and dry burgers from whataburger everyday for years. I started to feel a pinches in my heart so i started eating red onions raw and making this drink
Blend these I use a ninja.
1 cup key lime juice
Fresh ginger
1 table spoon powdered ginger
2 mangoes
1 cup red rasberries
and the rest spring water.

I drank a half milk jug of this a day, And after 2 week my bowel movements went for weeks without to once a day and in 3 months it was 3x a day. Hope this helps.
keylimes.JPGjuicing.JPG

jaminhealth

Humans are the only beings that consume MILK after weaned from their mothers...dairy industry has done a great job to addict people to their product. No milk here....Oh I mis-read your post, I thought you said you drank milk.