Eating eggs may lower your blood pressure

whetstone

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Eating eggs may lower your blood pressure.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinkadvice/4797501/Fried-eggs-could-help-keep-blood-pressure-down.html
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090218224655.htm

www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinkadvice/4797501/Fried-eggs-could-help-keep-blood-pressure-down.html

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Apparently, eggs [/FONT]produce proteins that mimic the action of a blood pressure-lowering drug[FONT=Verdana, Arial]. [/FONT]When eggs come in contact with stomach enzymes they produce a protein that acts in the same way as the blood pressure lowering drugs, Ace inhibitors.[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]

[/FONT]

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
I remember a report back in the 80's or so about a farmer that ate about 25 eggs a day, daily. His cholesterol levels and blood pressure were perfect. Remember when they were telling how bad it was for us to eat eggs?

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Medical doctors had been telling the public for quite a while that eating eggs was bad for your cholesterol. My opinion is that organic free range eggs are good for you.

nirvana

Im a vegetarian and since ive started to eat my scrambled eggs in the morning I do feel alot healthier.

DietGirl

I love eggs, and eat at least 3 per sitting. And surprisingly, I don't suffer from high blood pressure although it's a chronic problem in my family.

jw8725

Jw, great blog. Beautifully outlined and choice of pictures! :D
Hiya thanks. I know I should really blog more but life is just too hectic right now, I'm hoping to settle into a regular routine with the new business in about a month, then i'll be able to time table in sessions to blog, I do have a lot yet to say!:D

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Eating eggs IS bad for health, and it has little to do with cholesterol.
So Pinballdoctor, as you can see a lot of folks here think eggs, if produced correctly are good for your health. If its not the cholesterol, what is it that you find objectionable?

Last week I had the opportunty to purchase organic free range eggs from a local farmer up in Idaho where we are working on moving to. So we did the taste test between them and extra large free range high omega 3 eggs from the supermarket.

We could not find any difference in taste but the color of the yolk was where the difference was. The farmers eggs had a really dark orangy yellow yolk and the others looked pale in comparison. Along with that the white membrane that adheres to the shell was much stronger, thicker. I had always noticed that the membrane in conventional (non organic- non free range) eggs is quite thin and in some of them you can't find the membrane at all.

bbmartin

Hello,

I too would appreciate clarification on the statement "Eggs are just not healthy. Period." Because what I've studied and experienced personally is the complete opposite!

I follow a very low carb eating routine to manage my blood sugar levels and I'm losing weight (YAY!) for the first time in my life. Eggs are a key part of my diet now and besides loving eggs, I feel super.

Cheers,
BB

Improving health made simple.

u&iraok

Eggs modulate the inflammatory response to carbohydrate restricted diets in overweight menThese findings indicate that eggs make a significant contribution to the anti-inflammatory effects of CRD, possibly due to the presence of cholesterol, which increases HDL-C and to the antioxidant lutein which modulates certain inflammatory responses.
I'm so glad you posted this because eggs are generally considered to be inflammatory and I've noticed that on some of the health forums people with different health conditions are not eating them anymore because of this.

I eat an egg a day, usually raw or if not, then soft boiled or maybe fried so the yolk is still runny, as is suggested are the most healthy ways. They say scrambling is not good because it oxidizes the cholesterol and it's oxidized cholesterol that's bad for you, not regular cholesterol.

Maybe I should eat 2 eggs a day. What nutritional powerhouses they are. I get my eggs from a free range local farm and I'm totally amazed and how fresh and good they are. I've never liked the taste of eggs and now I do! (I never drank or liked milk much, or the taste of meat either, until I tried raw milk and grass fed beef and now I love both. How I wish I'd grown up on a farm.)

Emmanuel

Researchers in Canada are reporting evidence that eggs - often frowned upon for their high cholesterol content - may reduce another heart disease risk factor - high blood pressure.

They describe identification of egg proteins that act like a popular group of prescription medications in lowering blood pressure. The report appeared in the Feb. 11 issue of ACS' Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, a bi-weekly publication.

In the new study, Jianping Wu and Kaustav Majumder note that eggs are an inexpensive source of high-quality protein and other nutrients. Egg consumption, however, has decreased during the last 40 years amid concerns about cholesterol. Recent studies do suggest that healthy people can eat eggs without increasing their heart disease risk. Other research hinted that certain egg proteins might have effects similar to ACE inhibitors, prescription drugs used to treat high blood pressure.

Pursuing that lead in laboratory studies, the scientists identified several different peptides in boiled and fried eggs that act as potent ACE inhibitors. The scientists showed that enzymes in the stomach and small intestine produce these peptides from eggs. Fried eggs had the highest ACE inhibitory activity. It will take studies in humans to determine if the egg proteins do lower blood pressure in people, the scientists emphasized. Funding for the research came from livestock and poultry industry groups.https://www.5shadeshosting.com

kawikasudo

I am an American Japanese living in Thailand and watched a TV program of this doctor in Australia that ate 6 eggs a day and coincided with a weight lifter who ate 18 eggs a day for a couple of weeks and had their blood tested and their cholesterol level dropped. The doctor concluded that eggs are good for you (free range is better). Thank you--eggs are not bad for you!

Cedy

My brother rears chickens free range. In T & T we call them yard fowls. The yolk of the yard fowl egg is a bright, rich yellow. The yolk of the grocery egg a k a cockless egg is a sick, pale yellow. The membrane of the yard fowl egg which attaches to the shell is thicker than that of the grocery egg.

I once read about a man (journalist ?) who was captured by rebel forces in some South American country. After months of captivity he was rescued by government forces. He had lost some weight but was considered to be in good health. He said that they fed him eggs and water every day, nothing else.