Gut bacteria and prebiotics for diabetics

jfh

perpetual student
This certainly seems easy. Get more fiber in your diet for the prebiotics, and get more probiotics in your diet.

Read more at https://www.realnatural.org/type-2-diabetes-linked-to-gut-bacteria-and-lack-of-prebiotic-fibers/

Title: Type 2 Diabetes Linked to Gut Bacteria and Prebiotic Fibers | R.E.A.L. Natural

Researchers from Rome’s University La Sapienza found that the link between a fiber-rich diet and type 2 diabetes is determined by our gut bacteria and a condition called dysbiosis.

The researchers conducted a 21-day study with type-2 diabetic patients along with four other national research centers – in Italy, China, Ghana and Cuba. These studies showed the macrobiotic diet significantly improved fasting glucose levels, glycemia values and lipid levels. While the pooled data from the study showed dramatically improved glycemic indices among the four studies, the Italian researchers noticed something else. They found that the macrobiotic diet improved gut bacteria, determined through endotoxin testing, inflammation parameters and glucagon-like peptides. These factors have been found in other research to consistently be improved through better probiotic colonization in the gut. This is also consistent with findings from researchers at the Spanish National Research Council, which found metabolic disease and obesity are related to inflammation produced by dysbiosis. Dysbiosis is the overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria. The macrobiotic diet has been found to improve all of these factors, and researchers now believe those effects are related to the fact that the macrobiotic diet contains a number of prebiotics that feed our intestinal bacteria.

And the research has proven the macrobiotic diet improves type 2 diabetes along with cholesterol-lipids.

Ajax

I know my chronic indigestion is gone since I went with prebiotics. Broccoli and raw onion specifically. I was taking so much antacids and then I saw if you take antacids constantly they actually begin to increase the acid in your stomach. I don't have diabetes but I just wanted to post that prebiotics worked for me when probiotics did nothing.

Ozzie1

I know my chronic indigestion is gone since I went with prebiotics. Broccoli and raw onion specifically. I was taking so much antacids and then I saw if you take antacids constantly they actually begin to increase the acid in your stomach. I don't have diabetes but I just wanted to post that prebiotics worked for me when probiotics did nothing.
This is interesting to hear because I get heartburn and have taken so many antacids that they do not do a thing for me. I usually get it when I eat lettuce, peppers and onions. I will have to try this out.