Help, can't get pictures from flip phone to computer

hopeful

I have a prepay Tracfone LG441G flip phone. This is the first phone I ever had that had a camera and I don't know much about this new technology or computers.

The phone is just for regular emergency calls and I don't have any internet connections on it and I don't want to pay for any, I can't afford that. I think I can email them to myself but then I have to pay more for that kind of computer connections.

Just playing with the phone I took a couple of pictures and I'm trying to get them on to my computer. I did go out to Walmart and buy a wire that connects the phone to my desktop computer that has windows 10.

But nothing happens when I connect them. I thought I would be able to just transfer the photos easily. I searched online for answers but I don't find any simple and easy ones that don't make me download somthing I don't want.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to load any more things to my computer just for this. I might not ever want to use this phone for pictures anymore, especially if it's that much of a problem to see them large on my computer.

I don't know much, maybe I'm missing something simple? Thanks for any help.

hopeful

Original Poster
I don't know if it does or doesn't jfh and not sure how to tell. Nothing really happened when I plugged it in. I thought I'd see a pop up window or something like on a SD card from a digital camera, but I got nothing.

jfh

perpetual student
Then I don't really know. If you can email them to yourself or family, it would be best. Also, you could probably take the phone to somewhere that prints pictures from the phone, like CVS pharmacy or maybe Walgreens. I'm not sure how much that service costs, but you would have permanent pictures.