Hot Flashes

Gemini

Does anyone know of anything that will help relieve hot flashes, other than black cohosh & St. Johns Wort? Both of these make me have an upset stomach & headache, but these hot flashes are driving me mad & even affecting my work outs. I had to stop my bio-identical hormones because of my heart condition & since then I have been desperately searching for something that will work, but with no luck so far...

Eve

SharonC

Hi,,I have the same problem,,and was advised somewhere else to try dong quai,,I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will order some,,the flashes can be so irritating,,and I'm long past menopause,,

Gemini

Original Poster
"Well Past menopause"

Likewise, I went into it surgically at 43, toook the dreaded Premarin for 17 years, then sweitched to bio-identical hormones, up until a few months ago, when they took me off of them because of my heart attack, so I have never has to deal with the torment of these hot flash-sweats & it is really difficult. Most of the remedies say not to use if you are on blood thinning med or other prescriptions, which I am, so it makes the situation even harder for me!

Eve

Marcus

You might try the homeopathic remedies by Heel Inc. called Klimaktheel for the flashes. Add Nervoheel or Ypsiloheel for stress and other mental derrangements caused by menapause. You only need to take half the dosage stated on the bottle for a positive effect. In homeoapathy more does not mean better. Always ask for oral drops so you can control the amount of dosage and make it last longer. Some products only come in tablets though.

For those who are perimenapause and still have ovaries try Hormeel.

You can go to any healthfood store that sells Heel products and ask them to order it for you. Their most well known product is Traumeel.

Arrow