hydroponics window farming

just me

I found this site that sells hydrophonic window farming systems.... Spending over a hundred dollars for plastic water bottles seems a bit much to me.... Surely there is a cheaper way to copy this idea... I would love to do this for fun and for my grandchildren... I think it would be a neat learning experience...plus a cheap way (hopefully) to get them to eat more veggies! Here is the link to the kits

https://www.windowfarms.org/kits

Mad Scientest

You could probably use soda bottles with the bottoms cut out and tied together with rope. The pump could be eliminated if you are will to manually keep refilling the top reservoir. But you still would need to purchase all the seeds and growing materials, etc.

I'm thinking a conventional window box/trough might be more practical.

just me

Original Poster
thanks ya'll. I do have a couple of outside window boxes that I am bringing into the laundry room. I also have a couple hanging planters that Im going to bring in.... I have heard alot about the potatoes in big containers.... I am going to be playing with them also.
I just thought that the hydrophonics thing would be cool....but sure over my price range!