Hyped Up and Overpriced Focus Supplements

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Unless I'm missing something, there's a LOT of overpriced, and over-hyped brand named supplements out there, that are basically expensive rip-offs for the unsuspecting consumer.

I just came from Costco, and there was a "focus" memory supplement sample, which I took home. Well, there was one "tablet" in the packet, which is a deal breaker for me, because tablets are often very hard to dissolve, and I only buy capsules, softgels or liquid supplements.

Anyway, come to see that the "serving size" is 4 tablets, or 8 tablets daily, depending on weight. :roll: So, I looked up this product online, and the cost generally is $24 for 150 tablets. Therefore, if I'm not mistaken, that's $24 for 38 doses, a bit over a months worth...or 19 doses if you're overweight.

The ingredients in this product are that of a multi vitamin/mineral pill. There are a few things added in small amounts like grapeseed extract and DHEA.

Appears that if someone is taking a decent multi, they would benefit in the area of memory, "focus" and concentration, and probably do better with a few additional 'self-chosen' herbs.

I don't like companies feeding off the consumers with inflated claims. I think we're better off just using common sense. Eat good organic whole foods, and use additional vitamins and supplements when needed.

jbo

Well, there was one "tablet" in the packet, which is a deal breaker for me, because tablets are often very hard to dissolve, and I only buy capsules, softgels or liquid supplements.
Do they make time-release vitamins that aren't tablets?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
I've only seen time released vitamins or medications in tablet form, probably because it's slow dissolving to begin with.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Its the new scam. 5 dollar pills at the gas station for energy, "male enhancement", etc