I think I have acid reflux.

Ovechkin

I've had these symptoms since Halloween of 2010.

My symptoms:
-Chronic post-nasal drip
-Chronic throat clearing, chronic sore throat
-Indigestion

I've seen an allergist and got tested -- I didn't come up positive for anything.

I was prescribed several steroids and a week's worth of antibiotics. None of them cured me.

I do not experience heartburn, so I think I have LPR to be specific.

What do I do?

jfh

perpetual student
When the lower esophageal sphincter is not functioning properly, there is a back flow of stomach acid into the esophagus. This is the cause of laryngopharyngeal reflux. This may or may not be your problem. These things are hard to diagnose by you or people on a forum.

But there are things you can do to test this on your own. Eat smaller more frequent meals. This should releave pressure on the sphincter. And don't lie down right after you eat. Avoid citrus. Coffee and tea may be bad for you as well.

Something to try. Take unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a little water with your meal. One tablespoon with water in your coffee mug for example (or a little more than a cup). It has ascetic acid, but is later calming for the digestion. Make sure it has the "mother" for the enzyme action. There are many benefits to apple cider vinegar. This is actually the only vinegar that can be taken while on a Candida diet.

pinballdoctor

The following list contains symptoms of candida, which is a yeast infection. Yeast is a single cell fungal organism that affects millions of people, and most doctors are totally unaware of this.

Some of the most frequent Candida symptoms are:
  • abdominal gas and bloating
  • headaches
  • migraines
  • excessive fatigue
  • cravings for alcohol
  • anxiety
  • vaginitis
  • rectal itching
  • cravings for sweets
  • inability to think clearly or concentrate
  • hyperactivity
  • mood swings
  • diarrhea
  • constipation
  • hyperactivity
  • itching
  • acne
  • eczema
  • depression
  • sinus inflammation
  • pre-menstrual syndrome
  • dizziness
  • poor memory
  • persistent cough
  • earaches
  • low sex drive
  • muscle weakness
  • irritability
  • learning difficulties
  • sensitivity to fragrances and/or other chemicals
  • cognitive impairment
  • thrush
  • athlete's foot
  • sore throat
  • indigestion
  • acid reflux
  • chronic pain
** Besides the acid reflux, how many other symptoms do you have from the list above?

Ovechkin

Original Poster
LPR? whats that?
Why even post if you don't know? You could just look it up 100 times before anyone on this forum could answer you.

When the lower esophageal sphincter is not functioning properly, there is a back flow of stomach acid into the esophagus. This is the cause of laryngopharyngeal reflux. This may or may not be your problem. These things are hard to diagnose by you or people on a forum.

But there are things you can do to test this on your own. Eat smaller more frequent meals. This should releave pressure on the sphincter. And don't lie down right after you eat. Avoid citrus. Coffee and tea may be bad for you as well.

Something to try. Take unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a little water with your meal. One tablespoon with water in your coffee mug for example (or a little more than a cup). It has ascetic acid, but is later calming for the digestion. Make sure it has the "mother" for the enzyme action. There are many benefits to apple cider vinegar. This is actually the only vinegar that can be taken while on a Candida diet.
I already tried taking apple cider vinegar before every meal. It hasn't helped at all. I do not consume caffiene, citrus, chocolate, mints, peppers.

It does not work. I am going to try Prilosec.

The following list contains symptoms of candida, which is a yeast infection. Yeast is a single cell fungal organism that affects millions of people, and most doctors are totally unaware of this.

Some of the most frequent Candida symptoms are:
  • abdominal gas and bloating
  • headaches
  • migraines
  • excessive fatigue
  • cravings for alcohol
  • anxiety
  • vaginitis
  • rectal itching
  • cravings for sweets
  • inability to think clearly or concentrate
  • hyperactivity
  • mood swings
  • diarrhea
  • constipation
  • hyperactivity
  • itching
  • acne
  • eczema
  • depression
  • sinus inflammation
  • pre-menstrual syndrome
  • dizziness
  • poor memory
  • persistent cough
  • earaches
  • low sex drive
  • muscle weakness
  • irritability
  • learning difficulties
  • sensitivity to fragrances and/or other chemicals
  • cognitive impairment
  • thrush
  • athlete's foot
  • sore throat
  • indigestion
  • acid reflux
  • chronic pain
** Besides the acid reflux, how many other symptoms do you have from the list above?
*Abdominal bloating/gas (this can be from chronic swallowing and clearing of my throat due to excessive post nasal drip)

*general anxiety

*sore throat (again, from chronically clearing my throat due to PND)

*indigestion, probably from the mucus and reflux.

pinballdoctor

I would suggest that you get your stomach acid tested.

You may not have enough, and that could cause your acid reflux. In the meantime, try not to drink anything at mealtime as it would dilute your stomach acid, making digestion difficult.

Drink about 15 minutes before or after eating, unless of course you are having soup or stew..

The cronic throat clearing, especially shortly after eating, is a sign of an allergic reaction. You could try eliminating the most common foods that cause these reactions... gluten and all dairy.

tuina

It's important that the basic diet is correct, as well as adding or eliminating particular things. You can eliminate all sorts of things or take particular foods as remedies but if the diet is not based around natural, nourishing foods then you will not be healthy.