Is Jacuzzi bad?

someguy

So theres a jacuzzi at my parents house.. when I lived there I literally went in it everyday for years..

But since moving out I go in a lot less often.. and even more so now as ive learned about some health concerns relating to jacuzzi's.. mostly the fact that the pool man uses lots of chemicals to keep them clean.. and chlorine etc.. and then the water is really hot so it creates chemical steam to breathe in and seeps into your pores etc..

My other concern is its quite dehydrating.. The past few times ive gone in, I drink a glass of water, and even then I notice my first pee after coming out is pretty dark yellow.. quite a bit darker then normal. How could my pee change like that with only 15 minutes in a jacuzzi? Am I sweating in there? You cant really tell because your in water the whole time.

My fear is that this dehydration would damage my kidneys? Am i being overly paranoid? I drank 2 glasses of water and a coconut pineapple dirnk afterward and my next pee was clear again..

How easy is it to damage the kidneys? Can short term dehydration like this damage them, if I rehydrate quickly? I just worry a bit about my kidneys because my sister had lots of kidney infections growing up, for a while earlier in the year I had a lot of foamy pee for a while, and recently I saw an ayurvedic doctor who told me my kidneys were a bit weak or something.

As much as I love the jacuzzi im thinking of not going in anymore because of these concerns.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Moxsum: dehydration is a not a simple issue. ONCE you become dehydrated, you can drink a river, but you will stay dehydrated for a while. There is intracellular water and extracellular water. The extracellular water you replace very very quickly, but the intracellular water takes over 24 hrs. Just make sure you are well hydrated before hitting the jacuzzi and if you are in it for an extended time, drink water while you are in it.

someguy

Original Poster
Hey.. yea that makes sense. I went in days ago, but Ive felt a bit dehydrated since then, even though ive been drinking more water.. its getting better but my skin has felt more dry, and i just feel more parched and even my pee seems a bit darker.. guess its like your saying once you get dehydrated it takes time for the body to re-adjust.

Im always conscious of the dehydrating effect of the jacuzzi though and I always drink a glass of water when I go in.. but I may have been slighlty dehydrated to begin with..

So you think within 24 hours of regular hydration my cellular hydration would be back to normal? I drink warm water often which apparently gets into the cells more quickly or something.

someguy

Original Poster
Also.. how come it takes 24 hours to get the cells rehydrated but i could get dehydrated in 20 minutes in a jacuzzi?

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
The water has diffuse the cell membrame and it is a slow process.