Low D levels more of a risk than obesity

jfh

perpetual student
Whenever I have visited Seattle, Washington, Victoria BC, Scotland, northern England, and a few states in the US north, I have seen very little sun. How do they do live with that? No vitamin D there. While in Paris, so many people were so pale that I'm sure they don't get out in whatever little sun exists.

I just wonder how they are all surviving, because I believe these vitamin D studies. Something in the food? Just curious.

knightofalbion

Original Poster
A fair point. Countries with the highest incidence of diabetes are also amongst the most obese - and most of them in the sunny Pacific belt. So that bit of the study doesn't stack.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
Whenever I have visited Seattle, Washington, Victoria BC, Scotland, northern England, and a few states in the US north, I have seen very little sun. How do they do live with that? No vitamin D there. While in Paris, so many people were so pale that I'm sure they don't get out in whatever little sun exists.

I just wonder how they are all surviving, because I believe these vitamin D studies. Something in the food? Just curious.

Supplements or MS; those are the choices.

Vitamin D in a new light.