Low Uric Acid - Problem? Or forgetaboutit?

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
Is a low uric acid level a sign of something not so good? All I can find is gout info on possible causes/probems of higher levels of uric acid.

The first lab result was in Feb/2013 at 2.4 mg/dL. Then in Nov/2013 at 1.8 mg/dL.
Most recent - Mar/2016 2.3 mg/dL

(All other tests were ok...cholesterol/ldl a little elevated. Always has been. but my ratio is good. :D )

In July, 2014 I found myself in the ER with INTENSE upper back pain. Found to be a kidney stone blocking things!! Stented for two weeks and NO problems since, although I do Corn Silk tea, baking soda drinks here and there, lots of water. Etc. *Doc put me on FREE CIPRO. Which I told her I didn't feel all that safe taking...and she then left the office. :(

Should I be concerned? Or let it go. I do my own blood tests/diagnosis/etc .

In my endless googling I found:

Lower-than-normal levels of uric acid may be due to:

:eek:mg:

Has anyone heard of this? Could it be bad? Do I need to bring in a -GULP - doctor?

Any info/sites would be so appreciated.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Mercola had this small comment on low uric acid. It may be a concern if you have too little protein in your diet, liver issues, or too much acidity in kidneys.

Uric Acid: Uric acid is the end product purine metabolism. High levels are seen in gout, infections, high protein diets, and kidney disease. Low levels generally indicate protein and molybdenum (trace mineral) deficiency, liver damage or an overly acid kidney.

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
Original Poster
My liver seems fine - bloodwork didn't reveal anything. Molybdenum deficiency. Hmmmm. I will do some reading on this and see what's up.

Overly acid kidney...could be.