Medium-sized rashlike mark on stomach?

jjb333

Hello, I am new to this forum, but about a week ago my mom developed a red mark on her stomach that has since grown in size to about 1 or 2 inches in diameter and appears a bit dried out.

I have attached a picture.

She is thinking it is a fungal infection. Any ideas?

She has been putting coconut oil on it, and it helped to reduce the size for a few days, then stopped. We are considering putting colloidal silver on. There is no pain or itchiness. I can provide additional information as needed. Thank you.

Attachments

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
She's smart for applying coconut oil, she can also take a spoonful daily internally to help improve the skin.

Years back I also was getting similar red marks on my skin, and I never went to a doctor, so I didn't know the real cause. But they were dry feeling also.

I started to take a good quality omega 3 fish oil, and that really seemed to help. Here's more on the coconut oil, it's good for various skin conditions such as eczema, etc. https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Coconut

I also see nothing wrong with using colloidal silver to treat it. The only brand I'm familiar with is Mesosilver. By the way, welcome to the forum, glad you stopped by! :wave:

jjb333

Original Poster
Thank you very much kind2creatures :) I will keep you updated on our progress.

ozzie

I once had a skin fungal infection,and the dr told me to dab Selsun yellow shampoo on the rash,until it goes it cured it and I havent had it since, mine were more bownish spots.

jfh

perpetual student
I once had a skin fungal infection,and the dr told me to dab Selsun yellow shampoo on the rash,until it goes it cured it and I havent had it since, mine were more bownish spots.
Good idea. It has Selenium Sulfide in it.

In relation to that idea, Nizoral has Ketoconazole as its main ingredient. That is an antifungal.