Mushrooms for Immunity

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
9. Sun-Bella Mushrooms

Mushrooms are the only plant-based food that naturally contains vitamin D. But what is now sending their "sunshine vitamin" quotient into the stratosphere is a new and unique kind of processing: Once harvested, Sun-Bella mushrooms are exposed to ultraviolet light. The net result is that a three-ounce serving of this new but widely available brand supplies 100 percent of your daily value of D. Why does this matter? Insufficient levels of D have been linked with obesity and abdominal fat, notes Dave Grotto, RD, author of 101 Optimal Life Foods.

https://www.more.com/health/healthy-eating/11-foods-and-one-trick-fight-belly-fat?page=4&sssdmh=dm17.518236&esrc=nwmu041211&quicktabs_1=2

Fungus or not - I love them :)

clairebear83

I had no idea that mushrooms have vitamin D, great for me because I also love them! :) I'll have to look out for these sunbella mushrooms!

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
Unfortunately, mushrooms contain D2, which, is inconclusive at this time. D3 is what our bodies need.

I love mushrooms, fresh varieties or dried shitakes, I'm never without mushrooms.

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
I supplement D3 with Bio-D-Mulsion Forte. *supplies 2,000 IU per drop of vitamin D3 as a micro-emulsion for enhanced absorption and utilization.

Just eat mushrooms because I like them. I have heard some people claim fungus should not be eaten, but I can't help it sometimes.

clairebear83

Unfortunately, mushrooms contain D2, which, is inconclusive at this time. D3 is what our bodies need.

I love mushrooms, fresh varieties or dried shitakes, I'm never without mushrooms.
Ah thanks for clearing that up. Love shitake mushrooms, they're so yummy!

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
Baby porto's on an omelet this morning. YUM!

Dr Donald Miller recommends 10,000iu D3.