New Fluzone High Dose Vaccine for Seniors-Dangerous

dogwoman

My employer was giving out free flu vaccinations last week. I didn't participate. I think they were giving vouchers to go to the Walmart Super Center to get the vaccination. This week some of the folks who got those vaccinations are sick!

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
My employer was giving out free flu vaccinations last week. I didn't participate. I think they were giving vouchers to go to the Walmart Super Center to get the vaccination. This week some of the folks who got those vaccinations are sick!
I don't know if it's from flu vaccines or not, but there's a LOT of people around with some serious sounding coughs, sneezes, etc. And it's not even winter yet, probably is from the shots. Some stores are offering 10% off your grocery bill if you let them give you a flu shot. What a warm feeling to know that all these nice folks are so caring and want to protect my health...:rolleyes:

dogwoman

I think it is foolhardy for my employer to give vouchers for free vaccinations. It seems like they could be leaving themselves open for a lawsuit, if something proves to be wrong with the vaccine. My employer won't give out aspirin, Ibuprofen, or anything like that in case somebody might have a bad reaction. Weird!

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
I think it is foolhardy for my employer to give vouchers for free vaccinations. It seems like they could be leaving themselves open for a lawsuit, if something proves to be wrong with the vaccine. My employer won't give out aspirin, Ibuprofen, or anything like that in case somebody might have a bad reaction. Weird!
I may be wrong, but I don't think they'd get in trouble for offering a free voucher. Now, if they insisted that the employees get the vaccine, and made them feel that they may be disciplined if they didn't, then that would probably be another story.

ozzie

I don't know if it's from flu vaccines or not, but there's a LOT of people around with some serious sounding coughs, sneezes, etc. And it's not even winter yet, probably is from the shots. Some stores are offering 10% off your grocery bill if you let them give you a flu shot. What a warm feeling to know that all these nice folks are so caring and want to protect my health...:rolleyes:[/
QUOTE]

People I know here that have had the flu shot are still getting the flu.
I think I will just stick with the immune builders.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
It is the time of the year to amp up a little on vitamin D3 if you haven't been doing so.

u&iraok

Oh, my goodness, a vaccine clinic playset, what a visual. And I thought it was bad seeing the visual on the electronic sign at the CVS I pass everyday on the way to work advertising a flu shot--it shows a picture of a syringe and it moves across the board in a jab.

It looks like a weapon in action to me. It's too violent a visual for early morning. Look away, look away, I tell myself but it's dark when I leave for work and my eyes are just drawn to it. It should be rated GV for Graphic Violence.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
--it shows a picture of a syringe and it moves across the board in a jab.

It looks like a weapon in action to me. It's too violent a visual for early morning. Look away, look away, I tell myself but it's dark when I leave for work and my eyes are just drawn to it. It should be rated GV for Graphic Violence.
That is too funny u&iroak, lol. I haven't seen a sign like that yet...like you are under our spell...you WILL get the shot....you will get the shot. :shock:

u&iraok

That is too funny u&iroak, lol. I haven't seen a sign like that yet...like you are under our spell...you WILL get the shot....you will get the shot. :shock:
That's it! :shark:That must be the effect it is designed to have on people with it's compelling repetition. You come under the spell if you think the flu vaccine is beneficial :shock:, if you know it's not it looks scary and repels you. :yuck: