Nutrition for Kids

suredoctor

Hi guys, my name is suredoctor am a doctor and i specialize in mental health and physical well-begin. I have some notes and key points i would be sharing from my book. I just want you guys to review so as to hear your thoughts about it. check my profile to know more about it.

Chapter 1:
Importance Of Child Nutrition
Synopsis

It is up to the adult to ensure the meals a child consumes us as balanced as possible. With balanced meals, the child will be able to have all the necessary nutrition needed for optimum and normal growth patterns both mentally and physically. Besides the various food groups and nutrition supplements that should be part of the daily diet plan of a child, the preparation style of the food should also be taken into consideration to ensure its nutritional integrity.

The Basics

The following are some recommendations to consider when keeping a child’s nutritional balance, foremost in his or her daily food intake:

Always make it a point to offer nutritional snacks such as fresh fruits, vegetables and yoghurt. When a child chooses such nutrition packed snacks habitually it effectively decreases the possibility of unhealthy food choices and intake.

Teaching a child the importance of reaching for a glass of water instead of sweetened drinks is another good habit to inculcate. Water is not only a cheaper alternative but is also one that is ultimately the only totally healthy liquid to consume.

Sharing a nutritious meal with a child, as often as possible will help to encourage the child to make healthy choices simply by watching the adult’s positive eating habits.

Basically, with proper nutritional intake the child will be able to develop mentally and physically without any unusual problems. The health conditions of the child would also be better both in the growing stage and as a good foundation for the future adult phase in life.

Chapter 2:
The Common Nutrient Deficiencies

Synopsis

From infancy to the toddler age group, there is usually quite a limited amount of foods that can be consumed. Ensuring that these foods are highly nutritious can be quite a challenge for the adult in charge of ensuring a complete and healthy diet plan.

Although infants who are on a breast milk diet as supposed to be able to get the best and most complete nutrition needed, most mothers today are not conscious of their own heating habit and certainly not ensuring total nutrition content.

When this happens the milk produced will not have all the ideal nutritional content. Then same applies for the younger children age group where simply providing snacks and food that are convenient and quick for consumption are often not highly nutrition upon examination.

Nutrients

The following are some of the deficiencies that are likely to show up in the health of children:

Vitamin D – this is common in infants born to mothers with low levels of vitamin D in their own body systems. This usually leads to development of Rickets, which is a bone delebitating disease.
Vitamin K – it is becoming a very common practice to administer a dose of this vitamin in a newborn as it help to prevent a rare condition which causes bleeding into the brain.
Iron – most infants who are breastfed for longer than 6 months are usually are risk of developing iron deficiency in the first year. This can be changed with some additional foods into the diet plan besides simply depending on only the breast milk for sustenance.
Vitamin A – this is a fat-soluble nutrient that is stored in the body and used according to the body needs and when there is an insufficient amount of this vitamin in the child system, frequent infections occur.

Attachments