Progesterone?

tom

I recently bought some Progesterone on the internet which I believed is a controlled substance here in Australia.

It's made from Soy.

Can anyone tell me if these creams are the genuine product. I didn't think you could buy progesterone cream like this and always needed a prescription. Are real progesterone creams made from soy and wild yam or is it just a scam.

Thanks

Audi

Can't say if what you bought is real or a scam, it would depend on where (the company) you bought it from, my understanding is the progesterone from wild yam is insignificant.

tom

Original Poster
thanks for coming back. The concern I have is that I was able to buy it on the internet when it's illegal in Australia. On ebay..That's why I'm wondering if progesterone cream is really made from wild yam or soy or is it made by some pharmeceutical process?

The brand I have is Source Naturals natural progesterone cream. Is this how it is sold. Given that it's beneficial to allot of people it's a controlled substance in Australia.

Audi

The importation of progesterone cream into Australia is PERMITTED for personal use only, it is only illegal to sell or supply it.

You can legally import progesterone creams for personal use under the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Personal Importation Scheme.

Personal importation occurs when:

an individual arranges from within Australia for progesterone cream to be sent to them from an overseas supplier or family/friend; and
progesterone cream is to be used by that individual or a member of his/her immediate family and is not sold or supplied to any other person.

tom

Original Poster
The importation of progesterone cream into Australia is PERMITTED for personal use only, it is only illegal to sell or supply it.

You can legally import progesterone creams for personal use under the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Personal Importation Scheme.

Personal importation occurs when:

an individual arranges from within Australia for progesterone cream to be sent to them from an overseas supplier or family/friend; and
progesterone cream is to be used by that individual or a member of his/her immediate family and is not sold or supplied to any other person.
That's very useful. Thanks very much for that. I must have a genuine product then.