Scar treatment

Original Poster
I will keep doing what im already doing,for some 30 days more and then i will post pictures and stop,the scar wont go away completely but a slight improvement is better than no improvement...

After that i will accept the scar and leave it,its cool like a war survivor or something :p

and as far as laser treatments go maybe one day i will look into that too and do it,in the distant distant future...

Original Poster
I did what i said here for exactly 30 days at the end of the day...and honestly i didnt notice a difference,maybe a minor difference but nothing significant really...

so i close this chapter here,for now...and who knows with the way science is evolving and going forward maybe one day i will be able to fix it,i know its better to do it while youre young but the truth is that there is much deeper seeas than this one,if you get my metaphore :)

besides the scar can even look kinda cool,so that that.

DanaJ

I've got scars too that I want to get rid of. I think many of the topical solutions are best when the scar is fresh. I've thought about the laser skin treatments or skin grafts or other more detailed procedures to get rid of the scars. I would talk with a dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon to see what type of options there are.

Original Poster
I still have this scar here.

IMG_20200811_075355.jpg

It's not a huge deal. However, there are 2 problems I have with it.

1) Aesthetics - it looks like I have 6 knuckles. I don't like it.

2) Pain - it doesn't hurt, but if pressure is applied or if I hit that area somewhere by accident, there's pain. More pain than on my other hand.

So I'll be going to a dermatologist and a plastic surgeon soon, and I'll ask them both about this, to see if anything can be done. On the one hand I feel like technology has come far enough to be able to deal with one little baby scar on my hand (so not a super sensitive area or some weird spot). On the other hand, I don't have much confidence either.

Of course the doctors will probably offer me solutions, so they can make money. But I'll have to take the solutions they offer and try to research it online to see how other people that have done the same procedure looked and felt after they did it. I don't want to remove this scar, only to have a new scar be created on top of it, or to deal with constant pain for years after.

I'll update how it goes...