Stomach Problems

lostsoul62

I've had stomach problems for about 4 year and very bad stomach problems for the last 4 months. I had a camera stuck down my throat and they took a biopsy and everything was OK. I have had really bad bloating for a month and then it went away, well I have just a plain bad stomach. I have big time depression and stress and I have cut my calories to 1600 and I weigh 180 because the more I eat the worst my stomach is and the less I eat the better it is. So I wonder if artificial sweetens could be causing my stomach problems. I'm a 63 year old male. Maybe I should just eat plain old fashion food without all the stuff they put into it. I don't have any allergies.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I have big time depression and stress and I have cut my calories to 1600 and I weigh 180 because the more I eat the worst my stomach is and the less I eat the better it is. So I wonder if artificial sweetens could be causing my stomach problems. I'm a 63 year old male. Maybe I should just eat plain old fashion food without all the stuff they put into it. I don't have any allergies.
What you said about eating plain old fashion food is very important, and although hard to do nowadays, it IS the way to go for good health. Artificial sweeteners should be avoided like the plague. As bad as white sugar is, to me it's better than 'aspartame' ANY day! Honey or Stevia is the best as far as I'm concerned. Here's a past thread on artificial sweeteners.

lostsoul62

Original Poster
Thank you, I'm going to start using small amounts of honey and advoid artificial sweetens

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Thank you, I'm going to start using small amounts of honey and advoid artificial sweetens
You're very welcome! :) Unless you are allergic to honey, using these more natural sweeteners can only help.

PS: If you can label the causes of your depression and stress, you can also start to work toward naturally relieving these symptoms. Also, I'm very happy that your biopsy results came out ok.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
If I may suggest: get o'hiras probiotics and take 2 every morning and evening on an empty stomach for a week then one day after that. Also get some gum mastic capsules and take those also. Good luck.