This Article Infuriates Me

uniden

https://forthesakeofscience.com/2009/11/28/naturopaths-are-dangerous-quacks/

The ethos of Michael Hawkins, the author of this asinine article, is vituperative in nature. Moreover, he probably believes that dairy products are the only way to strengthen teeth and bones. We shouldn't even be consuming dairy products in the first place. It's simple logic: baby cows drink cow mild; baby goats drink goat milk; baby humans drink human milk; and so on.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with eating healthy and fasting intermittently. Christ fasted for forty days in the austere conditions of the desert, and he was the most powerful being that ever lived. Right in the beginning of the Bible, in the book of Genesis 1:29, it says the following:

"God also said: 'See, I give you every seed-bearing plant all over the earth and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit on it to be your food'"

God is obviously talking about vegetables and fruits when he tells Adam and Eve what they are to eat. This diet would augur well for their own health and well-being.

It is quite possible to live exclusively on raw organic vegetables (including potatoes for complex carbohydrates and complete protein), fruits (including avocados, durian, coconuts, etc., for essential fatty acids) and purified water.

uniden

Original Poster
He probably believes it, or does?

Dr Weston Price

I said "probably" because I recall reading an article by Stephen Barrett MD who made a remark saying that cutting out dairy products from the diet "is an invitation to osteoporosis". The author of the former article seemed to resemble/share the same mind-set of Stephen Barrett MD.

Ajax

I'd call Michael Hawkin's a horse's ass, but I don't want to insult horses.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Too much dairy gives a protein overload which actually leeches calcium from the teeth and bones

uniden

Original Poster
LOL. Looks like someone decided to post the link to this thread under the comments section for that article.

Samia

https://forthesakeofscience.com/2009/11/28/naturopaths-are-dangerous-quacks/
It's simple logic: baby cows drink cow mild; baby goats drink goat milk; baby humans drink human milk; and so on...
Cannot disagree with your logic. While I am no particular fan of dairy and eat it only once in a while, it is a fact that some of our ancestors in the European and some Asian races consumed milk and its products regularly for aeons and thus adapted to it. We aren't "just" animals anymore; we are a special variety, and we can take anything in. It is preparation and quality, method of consumption, and quantity that matter. These factors determine what we should or should not eat.

My own story: I went on a health food diet in my 20s and avoided dairy completely for years & years. Didn't miss it at all. I mostly avoided sugar, also. But I knew I was pregnant without any testing or morning sickness or other symptoms, when I suddenly wanted cheese - and lots of it. Why didn't I crave more & more broccoli or other greens, which I loved and was eating a lot of, for years? I believe I wanted dairy because it is an ancestral food for me and pregnancy is a special case where at least some of us women need so very much of it. This severe craving lasted maybe 3 months and then disappeared. The body knows more than our minds do.

And yes, I breastfeed for years. Strangely, my child seems unable to digest cheese...

Thank you.

uniden

Original Poster
...it is a fact that some of our ancestors in the European and some Asian races consumed milk and its products regularly for aeons and thus adapted to it.

Consuming milk from other animals - for example, cow's milk - caused a genetic mutation. That is why we were able to "adapt" to it.

uniden

Original Poster
Fructovegetarian is the ideal lifestyle.