Original Poster
ok i am suprisingly glad,my tongue today looks better than it did from the day this all started,and i did have the coffee i was talking about,2 cans to be precise... :)

i was thinking again for the thousendth time today about the candida and the whole story with it,and i got 2 theories...

one is that switching to naturall toothpastes just didnt keep my oral area clean enough and so the candida had a perfect enviroment to thrive and establish itself...

the second and the one i think is more probable is that i went to france and holland for the first time in my life just 2-3 weeks before i got oral thrush,basically i think that i came into contact with a strain of candida my body had never seen before,and because my body was already dealing with HPV and keeping the herpes suppressed it could not keep under control and develop a resistance fast and efficient enough for me to not experience symptoms from the candida,its like a country fighting on one front against a strong enemy big time(HPV),playing gorilla warfare on the other front with another enemy it already kinda defeated(HERPES),and suddenly its invaded on a third front(a new cult of candida hehe),ehehehe its not like i got NATO on my side or nothing muahahahaa...(the country=my body) (the immune system=my army) ;) :)

Original Poster
and i used to think that candida is candida,one thing,one kind...

and i remembered arrowwind telling me here to go make a test to see which strain im infected with(which strain is out of control on my tongue..and gut possibly),so than if there is differend strains of candida(like there is different strains of good bacteria)maybe i came in contact with a strain i never experienced before,thats kinda how i came up with the theory,and if im right than that is great news because sooner or later it would have happened,and i prefer sooner than later,specially now that i feel like im at the end of the tunnel as far as candida overgrowth is concerned...and my immune system has become familiar with it and developed a resistance!!!

again this is all in case im not wrong,how does my theory sound to you guys??? (unless we all have all strains of candida in our bodies...which i dont think because that would mean that we are all born with them all,because they too are a living organism so you have to come into contact with them,in order to have them,like the baby getting it from the mother,like sex,like dirt,like kissing,whatever a million ways...food,etc but im sure they dont just appear out of thin air...than again,maybe they are in the air too,the air we inhale which is polluted and sick,like everything else)

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
You could have picked up an unusual strain of candida. Nothing is impossible. ... but also, antibiotics can mutate fungus and you did take all those antibiotics preceding this issue.
Only a culture and sensitivity test will tell.

I can tell you this, a candida infection in the mouth is painful. Were you having pain with this when it was at its worst?

Other digestive issues that are not well defined can also cause a white coating in the mouth.

Your fluoride theory with your toothpaste also even more makes me skeptical about your initial diagnosis.

jfh

perpetual student
one is that switching to naturall toothpastes just didnt keep my oral area clean enough and so the candida had a perfect enviroment to thrive and establish itself...
This theory is not strong enough. Sorry. Candida, whether it is albicans or other, has infected the tissue. So washing or rinsing will not work. Only something in the blood stream will work. That's why, once it gets to the sinuses, it is nearly impossible to destroy. Not enough blood supply.

Your second theory is likely. Did you know that we ALL have Candida as part of our normal flora? So what triggers and outbreak? Internal environment. Most likely destruction of your friendly flora due to antibiotics. Or you have caused your intestines to lean more toward alkaline, which is also due to a lack of friendly bacteria. It is one of their functions to produce acids to keep the candida in a yeast state instead of fungus state.

Did you know that you can also get Candida from birth. It can be passed to you by your mother. Once again, that can be fixed by keeping a good colony of friendly bacteria. And don't buy into that "alkalizing is good" crap.

Original Poster
Were you having pain with this when it was at its worst?
No not at all since i first saw my tongue in a mirror covered in a white coating...But 3 weeks before i got it(white coated tongue)and while i was still in france i had i remember 3 blisters,one appeared on the inner side of my left(i think) cheek,i popped it with my teeth or after messing with it for too long with my tongue,not 100% sure how but i broke them for sure and that hurt a bit for a day or two,then the second one came few days later same cheek,just a differend place and i also popped it,hurt for a few days...eventually one appeared again a few days later,this time on the inner side of my lower lip,and i popped this one also but this took like 5-15 days to heal(maybe i popped it more agressivly or it was just in a bad place,or maybe it was too small to be popped so i damaged healthy tissue,i dont know) and it hurt more than the previous 2 blisters...that was it,the only pain and the reason im mentioning this is because ive seen reading about candida that thats one of the symptoms,blisters on inner cheeks or lips...so i guess(even hope) that its connected,it must mean something though...but who knows its the first time i went abroad in those countries and generally i havent travelled that much in my life except for 4-5 countries(mostly as a kid)

Other digestive issues that are not well defined can also cause a white coating in the mouth.
i dont think so,i have no digestive issues concerning food and going to the bathroom if thats what you mean,my toilet visits are great and frequent,and my metabolisam is super fast,im really really skinny..but then again i dont eat that much,at least now i eat healthier and little,i used to eat crap,a little and still was skinny like i still am... :p

Your fluoride theory with your toothpaste also even more makes me skeptical about your initial diagnosis.
sceptical about.....??? and keep in mind ive stopped using mouthwas too,for the last week,i use just old regular toothpaste with fluoride and brush 2-3 times a day now and for the past few weeks,and actually my tongue has improved,now maybe its not related,but maybe it is,i can always check after the coating on my tongue goes away eh,like an experiment hehe

Original Poster
This theory is not strong enough. Sorry. Candida, whether it is albicans or other, has infected the tissue. So washing or rinsing will not work. Only something in the blood stream will work. That's why, once it gets to the sinuses, it is nearly impossible to destroy. Not enough blood supply.
Ahhh...the sinuses are those small pockets within the bones of the skull,its a long story and a painfull one for me,i will keep it short(ill try)
3,5 years ago i had an accident,hit my face badly from a moving motorbike on a big truck(head of the bike to the side of the truck(like a fly)) anyway it was deadly serious,so my nose broke(or something)deviation i guess after the blow like that on my head WITH a helmet anyway i had problems breathing bcuz the passages are not straight,it was much dirtied than before,i had to use my mouth much more for breathing,my eyes would constantly water up and no way to stand in the sun(i used to work 10 hours a day on swimming pool at 15-16-17 yrs,no problems back then)...then i had a surgery 1,5 year ago,my doctor was a burcher,my eyes still water up(less because i stopped smoking weed,i think),i still cannot breathe normally,my nose is still always dirty disgusting,you can see one of the holes on the nose close with every breath i take(its not that visible BUT IT IS,specially when its on my fking nose!!)khm..sorry...and i also see movement when i breathe as if air is coming out of my eyes the nearest corner of the eye next to the nose,with every breath,and a theroy of the last plastic surgeon i visited is that its negative/positive air pressure when i breathe because my nose channels are not straight And because the right hole of my nose closes with every breath i take,and the solution is to cut a piece from behind my ear(plastic surgery,god i hate it hate it) and put it in my nose,he explained me and showed on a computer how a nose consist of 5 pieces i mean in the plastic surgery world lets say and how its like a tent,2 parts left(up+down) 2 parts right(up+down) and 1 part that is under holding it the part that gets deviated(supposedly like a tent)...well now i have to work raise money,to go and do a surgery,and id have to work like crazy for a long time i mean two years or something,and live also for that time,and that will be my second surgery,if it fails,i am going to kill the doctor...i am not joking

anyway you all cant do anything to help me with that,i cant do anything to help me with that,except find a tree that grows money...all i can do is be as healthy as possible to cure as fast and best as possible when i do my second surgery(i do not want to get involved in the world of surgeries,ive heard you cant get out and looking at hollywood its scary,and im not holiwood i cant pay for it and im not that pathetic,i just want to breathe with full lungs again,if i can say that)

so this is my great depression,i dont care about the crisis,war,nuclear bla bla,this is it... :( :( :( :( :( :(

sorry it was long...please understand

Your second theory is likely. Did you know that we ALL have Candida as part of our normal flora? So what triggers and outbreak? Internal environment. Most likely destruction of your friendly flora due to antibiotics. Or you have caused your intestines to lean more toward alkaline, which is also due to a lack of friendly bacteria. It is one of their functions to produce acids to keep the candida in a yeast state instead of fungus state.
I think the second theory is the truth,more or less...i remember you mentioned before about the yeast/fungus state and friendly bacteria involvment and actually when this all started with my tongue i was eating alot of fruits and vegetables,it was like the first week i went green heehehe :lol: and like one of the first things i did together with avoiding some chemicals was eat fruits and veggies all day because its naturall food,its living food,it alkalizes,we as humans are designed not like meat eaters but like vegetable etc eaters(tell me the description word?? :)),but you know i smoke ALOT,isnt that enough acidic stuff for my body to stay and literally turn to acid......acidic? .. or poison heh
so you know it could well been that,nowadays im a bit more flexible but at the beggining i was literally fruits and salads for breakfast dinner and lunch...

Did you know that you can also get Candida from birth. It can be passed to you by your mother. Once again, that can be fixed by keeping a good colony of friendly bacteria. And don't buy into that "alkalizing is good" crap.
highly unlikely but good to know...i never had this before for 21 years,and it came now so thats why i dont think i got it from my mother,i just think it would show much sooner,and i was really the healthiest kid youd know,but really im not overreacting,i was always a bit short and skinny but great at sports(all of them) and healthy(constantly)

i also thought that alkalizing is good,wait but doesnt garson therapy concentrate on alkalizing your body and fasting,to cure cancer??? for example.
i get it for the candida but,its some contradictions bcuz i know there is people who believe that..well..the ''good to alkalize crap'' as you described it :D

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
In general I am suspecting more and more that you do not have oral thrush.
I have never seen a case of oral thrush that did not have some kind of pain or discomfort. People who have it have a hard time eating due to sensitivity. Generally the white patch can be scraped off leaving a raw spot in its place. there can also be red rings around the spots and this is the painful area.

The blisters you mentioned could be something else. I get blisters like that sometimes, and commonly they are called chancre sores but they can have many different presentations. They are only a little sore when they appear and way sore after the blisters pop. This is caused by a virus and is very common. Changes in the ph of the mouth through diet can also bring them on.

Original Poster
In general I am suspecting more and more that you do not have oral thrush.
I have never seen a case of oral thrush that did not have some kind of pain or discomfort. People who have it have a hard time eating due to sensitivity. Generally the white patch can be scraped off leaving a raw spot in its place. there can also be red rings around the spots and this is the painful area.
But see yes while i never had pain or discomfort(unless the blisters are connected)...and i never had a problem eating due to it

But the white patch could always be scraped off leaving raw spots in a few places(the patch wasnt in one place,it was more of a coating that would cover a big area of my tonge specially the back half,and i never tried to get ALL of it off,i would need to scrape too much and i worry to not permanently damage my tongue,but i cleared alot many times with the toothbrush)and those spots that were left would bleed(no pain though and they were small),and those bleeding spots im talking about would be one of the raised small bumps of skin i have again mostly on the back part of my tongue,i suspect they are the taste buds,i mean what else could the raised spots on the back of my tongue be,most of them are the same small size,and 2-3 are bigger...they cause no problems except that i see them,and actually im not sure if its normall or not,i mean i dont remember having raised spots of skin colour on the back half of my tongue ever,it used to be strainght more or less the surface of the tongue,eh but i never paid that much attention to my tongue,untill now...i never could imagine it could be infected and all that...uffff my fingers hurt from writting heehehe sorry guys for boring youuu all

The blisters you mentioned could be something else. I get blisters like that sometimes, and commonly they are called chancre sores but they can have many different presentations. They are only a little sore when they appear and way sore after the blisters pop. This is caused by a virus and is very common. Changes in the ph of the mouth through diet can also bring them on.
Could be a virus i picked up,over seas...never happened before(i think bcuz its been a long life you know :)) and definitly didnt happen again after the 3 i mentioned...

Original Poster
In the past few days ive noticed a pattern...

And im reminded of when i had hives and during the day i would get no outbreaks,but at night id get hives everywhere,and after a little research i found out that the body produces its own anti-itch chemicals during the day,but as the night approaches the body gets into sleep mode and lowers the production of those chemicals and you get outbreaks.....well here im having something similar:

when i wake up in the morning the coating on my tongue is pretty bad...than as the day goes by it keeps getting less and less,my tongue gets clearer and clearer,and than after i go to sleep and wake up same circle all over again(it makes no difference if i scrape it off with the toothbrush or not and if i drink the coffee i mentioned the tongue gets full with the white coat again,but it goes away after a while)...and ive actually noticed my tongue to be very clear at night/almost normal...but then i sleep,wake up,and same thing again(even if i brush at night makes no difference for the morning,or not big enough for me to notice at least)

is there any reason this is happening? the immune system functions better as the night approaches?? or something else..??

Original Poster
Ok i dont know how,i dont know which of the things i am doing helped but im healing from this... :)

I wanted to come here and write this a few days ago but i had to be sure,and now i am...

My tongue looks better,the white coating i had for so many months has gone down considerably for the past week, of course in the morning my entire tongue is ''dirty'' but brushing my teeth and just passing the tongue-cleaning part of my toothbrush on my tongue clears it out...

When i look at my tongue the behind half is of course dirtier than the front part but i guess that is normal...
When i look Up Close,i can still see the ''white coat'' but its like whatever bacteria caused this is dying off,so that white substance is still visible but just a little bit and only if i look really close under the light,and its not even like a coating anymore,its more like a few patches of white here and there,barely visible...
If im not wrong its almost cured, whatever i had...Its in its last stages the bacteria or virus or whatever trying to hang onto life,and my immune system, the probiotic bacteria just clearing it out en masse...
And now even when i drink the coffee or some cacao that would make my tongue fill up with the white coat just 2 weeks ago, it doesnt anymore :)

What i did was,just live healthier,take supplements,keep the stress to a minimal (even though it aint easy,believe me and thats because i have other problems besides this one,many others health related and not)

And like Charlotte Gerson said:

“You can not heal selectively. You can not heal one disease & keep two others; when the body heals it heals everything.”

Simple as that :)

Original Poster
So now to me,it makes sense that this is a bacterial infection...

Even the way it is healing suggests it, bcuz its bacteria which multiplied in large numbers, so my tongue clearing slowly slowly,day by day, tells me that my body finally took control of it,and started eliminating millions of bacteria(candida my best guess)...

And my immune system and body just needs a few weeks to bring things back to normal,besides the bacteria was there profiterating and multiplying for months,it cant be fixed overnight...

there it is...

I hope my next post here will be the ITS OVER,HEALED,CURED,FIXED,FINISHED!!!

Lets assume its candida(i and we have been assuming that since i started this thread) and its in its last stages of beeing out of control,what can i do to Destroy whatever extra candida is left and keep the bacteria strictly in my gut where it belongs,lock the door,place a few probiotics to keep guard,and throw away the key..?

I cant slip up now and make a mistake that will give this organisam the time and enviroment to multiply again and do what it does,and i think that now is the most Crucial moment bcuz now that organisam is weak,its retreating,its losing the battle..so i wanna send everything i got at it!!!!!!! :evil:

would liposomal vitamin C do it? megadosing on it?? i guess yes right? i never tried it before and ive been postponing making it for some time now...the liposomal vitamin C will affect candida right,in my benefit??

jfh

perpetual student
Not bacteria. Fungus.

Just keep avoiding sugar and alcohol for a while longer. Find a zinc lozenge that has no or very little sugar and no high fructose corn syrup. Try to find one that has few milligrams, because you don't want to take more than 50mg per day. The zinc it very curative in the mouth. The zinc is also essential in promoting stomach acid which will keep the fungus in check and kill bacteria.

Original Poster
oh yes right its fungus...the probiotic bacteria keep the bad bacteria in its yeast form,and when the bad bacteria get out of control its bcuz there is not enough probiotic bacteria to keep things under control, than the bad bacteria takes its fungal form and then you get symptoms from it and problems...right,huh am i right??? :) you taught me that(i hope im correct,i didnt want to look at what you wrote before,i think i got it) :)

Yes maaan sugar not for a while longer,i plan to stay away from it for a Lifetime longer, and alcohol if im not mistaken the body when it comes into contact with alcohol in order to be able to process it it turns it into insuline,so for the body alcohol is sugar,so staying away from alcohol is a part of staying away from sugar...wow i hope i have my facts straight...?

as far as zinc lozenge goes, honestly ive never heard of the word lozenge(i dont know what this is/means)...Can i find it in a pharmacy asking for it the way you wrote it??
And i have been taking for a couple months now a zinc 50mg supplement every 3-4 days,isnt that enough???
I usually take the zinc pill, put it in my mouth and swallow straight away(and you know ive noticed that all pills when i put water in my mouth they kinda float,except the zinc,i have to actually put my head back to swallow it bcuz it just stays Down,it doesnt float on the water like the other supplements to go down soon as i swallow)
But im thinking i could keep the zinc in my mouth for a few seconds,you know throw it with my tongue left and right everywhere for a few seconds and than swallow,would this do it?

jfh

perpetual student
You are just confusing the terminology. Bacteria are not fungi and never will be. They are both microbes though. Fungus can remain in a yeast state while in an appropriate pH of slightly acid, then morph into an aggressive fungus in an alkaline pH. They never morph or become bacteria.

zinc lozenge is a tablet you put in your mouth and allow to dissolve.

Like this https://www.iherb.com/Country-Life-Gluten-Free-Zinc-Lozenges-Lemon-Flavor-120-Lozenges/6391?at=0

You can normally find lozenges in your local pharmacy over the counter in the cold and flu or sore throat section. You can find lozenges of all types.

Sometimes call cough drops. Just get some that are zinc.

Original Poster
jfh i might buy the zinc you said one of theese days, i havent yet though...

But i think i can say without lying to you or me now that this tongue thrush, mycosis, bacterial imbalance in my gut/oral area, candida issue is over...

What caused it well i am pretty sure it was the good/bad bacteria balance, now it could not be that i cannot know...

One thing im Not doing anymore is using fluoride free toothpastes, but in a few weeks i will use them again bcuz i have a few left and because i want to see, if the white coat comes back like it first appeared just days after switching to fluoride free toothpastes,i will know the cause,or i will eliminate that suspision... :)

Original Poster
This issue was actually never resolved, i just re-read the entire thread here and it blew my mind, here is why, and you guys who are familiar with my whole story will understand straight away...

Original Poster
A friend of mine was misdiagnosed as having oral Thrush. She tried various natural treatments, it wouldn't go away.
It turned out she actually has a condition called Lichen Planus, a self-allergy of the skin which can suddenly develop for unknown reasons.
You might want to look it up.

Truestorytotell, you have been in this odessey for quite a while now and tried a number of antifugnals, both conventional
and alternative.

It seems really strange to me that it has not significantly decreased.

But now is a good time to seek out another physcian to look at your case. You should find out if it is lichen plantin also.
I have never run into that in my work but look into it.

When your doctor made the diagnois of candida did he do a culture to confirm his diagnosis? If not this is what you need.
You need to confirm by culture that candida is exactly what you have. He would take oral scrapping for this...and it is painless.

It seems to me with all the treatment you have had you would have made a significant dent it the issue by now.

This oral lichen planus may be a good tip from dogwoman. I think it is worth following through on...and lets see if you can take another
stab at getting a confirmation on diagnosis. Remember, most doctors diagnosis oral candida soley through viusual observation, not a culture..
and error could have been made.

Well if it is improved perhaps it is candida, but considering all the antifungals you have been on I would get a
confirmation at this point, especially if the diagnosis was made by visual insepection only.

just fluctuations in your immune system can made an autoimmune disease fluctuate and seem better... only to get worse again as your immune system
declines again... so that could account for it looking better if it is lichen planus. You have been doing alot to try to improve your immune system.

Any medical doctor can do a culture and sensitivity test. If it is candida it is well worth the sensitivity test. You can spend a lot of time
thowing the wrong medicine at it and actually cause it to get stronger by using the wrong medicine. Its not a matter of what is the strongest medicine.
That is a huge error in thinking. It is a matter of a medicine that is designed to kill that specific pathogen. The medicines are all strong but they
are strong in different ways, just like pathogens are.
Im tired, i feel like i want to break down and cry, if i was a woman i probably would...
Could this have been Lichen Ruber Planus ALL ALONG?
But the dermatologist that diagnosed my tongue to begin with is the same one i saw 2 days ago that so easily diagnosed the Lichen Ruber Planus, how could he have missed it?

Im thinking of paying him a quick visit just to take a look at my tongue and maybe his initial diagnosis was wrong...but i remember i visited another dermatologist too back then and he also said i have mycosis so confirming the initial diagnosis...

But a swab test was NEVER done, it was all visual...

Im tired, i cant gather my thoughts, im all alone in this, me and this forum, i hate this country, i feel like crap...i know self-pity sucks and everything, but i just cant help it anymore, ive been doing all i can alone and i feel like im failing, all these life changes and what do i have to show for it, the hives i had went away, the genital warts i had/have seem to be disapearing, but im tired, my head feels like its going to explode... :(

Original Poster
But if this was Lichen Ruber Planus all along how come it got worst now that my Genital Warts are almost gone???!!! Wouldnt it make sense for this to come out at my low point when my immunity was crap and i was living the bad life and had all these huge genital warts outbreaks and herpes outbreaks and hives.? How is it possible to happen now that im doing all the right things? Now that my immunity is up and my warts are going away and the hives are long gone and i havent had a hepres outbreak in months too, its all signs that my immune system is up and running, killing stuff, doing its job, how can this beee?? its confusing and tiring and im depressed yes i am, but i cant give up, i cant, no way...

Original Poster
I just went real quick to my dermatologist and he looked at my tongue and said its Fungus(in Greek) :p

I said could it possibly be Lichen Ruber Planus and he said No because that only comes out on the cheeks, not on the tongue...He looked pretty sure, but im not convinced i dont know...

So he prescribed me with daktarin gel, told me to eat yoghurt with probiotic bacteria and i was out...I already been doing that, eating yoghurt and supplementing probiotics...

As far as Daktarin goes been there done that, Nystasin too been there done that...

But im not convinced, what do you think? Should i go and make a culture test to make sure 100%?

Arrow do you think i should just drop it, make my MMS, start using it and then after i use it for a couple of weeks we see and we do?

Original Poster
I went to a Chemist just now looking for some stuff i wanna buy, and i asked how much would a swab test cost and to my suprise its pretty cheap, i could afford it...

But i have to go monday because the chemist wasnt there today, i spoke to his secretary... Should i do it? If yes should i ask for something specific or is like one thing and he will know what to do(i dont want to do this and then later realise i should have asked for something specific)?

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Drop it and do the mms. Rinse your mouth with it too.
Darkarin is miconazole, generally pretty good for yeast infection.
If you have it just hold on to it and wait.
Try the mms first.
Borac acid is also effective. Ill look around to see how to do that orally.

Original Poster
Will do.

I dont have Daktarine, i just have a prescription for it, which doesnt really mean anything because i could buy Daktarin And Nystasin in almost any pharmacy without a prescription, and they cheap too...

Borac Acid, never heard of it, will check it out when i get the time, let me know...

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Actually I mispelled it. It's Boric

Boric acid is also considered one of the natural home remedies for thrush in adults. Mix one cup of water with only 1/4 teaspoon, and use this as a mouthwash. Since this is an acid, it should not be swallowed, because it may upset the stomach.

Original Poster
Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years since I last posted here on this thread, considering the problem still persists...

Eventually I sort of gave up on this problem, as other life-altering events happened in my life, and as I had to go back to work and all kinds of other crazy things...

Anyway, I just found something interesting because I am getting some dental work done and I'm reading about it.

"Interestingly, certain bacteria in your gut, such as Candida, actually tries to demethylate the mercury it comes across Methyl mercury is the more hazardous type of mercury, in terms of toxicity According to Dr Glaros, some people who struggle with Candida may actually owe the troublesome bacteria a debt of gratitude, because the reason they can't get rid of it is because your body is using it to demethylate the mercury, which decreases or limits the toxicity they'd otherwise be experiencing"

This is a totally plausible scenario. Even though I only got 1 silver filling, in general my mouth is a mess, my teeth are a mess... I will be fixing ALL the problems during this month, and it may go on into the next month as well, as I have quite a few problems, so we'll see if the tongue mycosis-fungus-whatever thing clears up after I get the work done.

One of the things I have is my last wisdom tooth, which is all rotten, and I will be removing that annoying little thing as well (I have already removed the other 3 wisdom teeth)...

I will report if anything changes and how things are progressing...

Original Poster
So, 10 years later I still have this.

IMG_20200811_074010.jpg

About 7 years ago I stopped all healthy living, supplements, everything. But 40 days ago I started again, and I will be dealing with this too. I believe it's candida overgrowth that's causing this.

Aside from the general measures I've taken to improve my health, I'm taking probiotics specifically for this (gut flora etc), I'll also be going to the dentist soon to fix some things that are probably creating bacteria in my mouth. I also started taking much better care of my teeth and mouth and tongue. I'll also go to a dermatologist and get something for oral thrush, and see what he tells me about this.

I use tongue scraper now every night, and you won't believe how hard it is to scrape this off. And it's made even harder by the position, because when I try to scrape there I gag, and it's very very annoying.

Also, a few years ago this went away. I had a horrible tooth ache start Friday, and I couldn't go to the dentist until Monday. It was the most horrible toothache I ever experienced, and for that weekend I used up all the mouthwash I had, baking soda, warm water with salt, everything I could do to keep the pain at a bearable level. I swished all day long. And by the end of the weekend, my tongue was clean, there was no white coating. I guess throwing so much baking soda and salt and mouthwash at it cleared it up. But of course it returned because what we see is not the actual problem. The actual problem goes deeper, and I can just assume it's candida albicans overgrowth.

In any case, I'll update how things progress.