When can we brush our teeth safely?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I know that acid is bad for teeth, but I would think that brushing after drinking lemon juice or having acid reflux would be a good thing, since you're diluting the acid immediately just by the water and paste on the brush, and you're immediately rinsing everything out of your mouth afterwards.

Maybe brushing without paste would grind it into the tooth enamel? If I brush, I always use paste, or at least something like coconut oil on my brush.

I drink lemon water and baking soda every morning and never brush afterwards. I don't know about this, no expert here, but I won't let it affect when I brush my teeth. :)

jfh

perpetual student
I did read somewhere that one should not brush too soon after ice cream. I don't remember the details other than cold and sugar.

I sometimes use a homemade paste of coconut oil and baking soda. Also xylitol is really good for tartar control.

Here's a good link for remineralization of teeth.

It’s pretty self-explanatory: consume food made from bones and get a good boost of all the essential bone-and-tooth-making nutrients. If you’re really serious about adopting a remineralization diet, bone broth should probably become a mainstay.

https://www.authoritydental.org/tooth-remineralization

larrybuckley90

in morning we should brush our teeth before eating food.