Originally Posted by saved1986
Went out for a few beers and have the munchies. Grabbed a pack of this feta cheese (from NE OH) made with grass fed cows milk I picked up at the Kent farmer's market. My God is it fantastic.
Saved1 Congrats! Being 50 "going on 21" ;-) You'll be able to appreciate this:
The majority of students in universities today were born in the late 80s........They are called youth.
They have never heard of Rick Astley, Bananarama, Nena Cherry or Belinda Carlisle. (possibly not a bad thing of course....) For them, there has always been only one Germany and one Vietnam.
AIDS has existed since they were born.
CD's have existed since they were born.
Michael Jackson has always been white.
To them John Travolta has always been round in shape and they can't imagine how this fat guy could be a god of dance.
They believe that Charlie's Angels and Mission Impossible are films from last year.
They can never imagine life before computers.
They'll never have pretended to be the A Team Red Hand Gang or the Famous Five.
They'll never have applied to be on Jim'll Fix It or Why Don't You.
They can't believe a black and white television ever existed.
And they will never understand how we could leave the house without a mobile phone.
Now, let's check if we're getting old...
1. You understand what was written above and you smiled.
2. You need to sleep more, usually until the afternoon, after a night out.
3. Your friends are getting married/already married.
4. You are always surprised to see small children playing comfortably with computers.
5. When you see kids with mobile phones, you shake your head.
6. You remember watching Dirty Den in EastEnders the first time around.
7. You meet your friends from time to time, talking about the good old days, repeating again all the funny things you have experienced together.
8. You're starting to dance like your father/mother..............God forbid!!