I don't want to offend anyone, but I'll (gladly) elaborate if you want me to.
Someone posted that they wanted me to elaborate, even though that post has since disappeared. So here goes:
Monosodium glutamate is an excitotoxin (kills nerve cells) and responsible for many degenerative diseases. MSG doesn't even have to be listed on food labels, it hides behind all kinds of names like "spices", "soy protein", etc. This link gives a partial list of ingredients that contain MSG.
Dr. Russell Blaylock (a retired neurosurgeon) talks about the dangers of MSG and aspartame, another excitotoxin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEh3_JBDErw
He also wrote a brilliant book called "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills" on the subject.
A small sampling of the damage caused by MSG:
* it damages the immune system for the lifetime of a person (nothing can repair the damage done to the parts effected), so it makes them more prone to cancer and other immune diseases.
* MSG is a powerful free radical generator.
* MSG also impairs glucose entry into the brain (the brain is almost entirely dependent on glucose), so the brain can’t run properly because it doesn't get the fuel. When the brain is starved of the fuel it needs it becomes 100 times more prone to the effects of MSG. WOW!!!
* MSG will permanently damage the brain connections.
* MSG also causes massive hormone problems, so infertility is highly possible. Even if a baby's mother ate MSG , their child can have trouble having babies when they grow up.
* MSG can also bring on puberty early. (And according to the China study, early puberty is a big factor in developing breast cancer)
* MSG can also cause lack of growth hormone, so people can be short.
* Unborn babies are four times more sensitive to MSG
* MSG can also cause diabetes and cardiovascular damage
* MSG's effects aren't often noticed straight away, it is the effects 40 years later that really do the damage, like heart attacks at 40 or severe mental problems
* MSG can make people have severe learning problems so they find it hard to learn things
MSG effects on animals:
* If you give MSG to animals it will suppress the immune system for life.
*Very very small organ weights
*Obesity and difficult to control…even exercise won’t help lose the weight in most cases because it alters part of the brain which helps stop obesity.
*Abnormal reproductive ability (small litters and infertility)
*Unprovoked rage and aggression and anti social behavior.
*Impaired cardivascular responsiveness (eg, when you run your heart speeds up too much)
* High cholesterol and triglycarides…so increased chance of heart attack or stroke
* MSG will suppress an animal's immune system for the rest of their life
Foods people listed that contain MSG: The restaurant food, the mince, possibly the bread, the chicken corn soup, the chicken curry, the chicken, beef and vegetable stock cubes, possibly some of the spices. If the foods were organic they might not have any but they still might.
Trans fats: Can lead to strokes, heart disease, diabetes, neurological damage, cancer, and many other problems. They cause massive inflammation in the body, which is a major contributor of every health problem.
Foods with trans fats: Margarine is almost entirely trans fats (NEVER eat margarine), nearly every food I listed for MSG could have trans fats. Most processed foods do.
Other problems I noticed: refined grains, GMOs, foods made with tap water. And virtually no nutrients in any of the listed foods.
Roughly 75% of all processed foods have GM ingredients, and that number becomes much larger if you ignore organic processed foods. So everything I listed for MSG has GM ingredients, as well as the corn. GMOs kill.
While I'm on the subject:
Never ever drink soda, and NEVER drink diet soda. Soda is one of the leading causes of osteoporosis, normal soda is full of refined sugar and "diet" soda has aspartame (diet soda actually makes you much fatter then normal soda), it's made with tap water, and it's extremely acid-forming in the body.
Also never drink pasteurized, homogenized milk - paradoxically it's also one of the leading causes of osteoporosis, it's acidic and mucus-forming, it's loaded with antibiotics and pesticide residue + other man-made toxins (they concentrate the higher up you go in the food chain, so animal foods have far more then produce), you can't absorb the calcium anyway [pasteurization destroys the enzymes required to assimilate it, especially phosphatase], the homogenization makes it as deadly as trans fats, ad when drunk with just about any other food, especially fruit and grains, it causes that food to ferment and mess with your digestion. Even though many diary products no longer have artificial hormones, they still have "natural" hormones added that are still very bad for our health.
Other diary products are even worse because they just have even ore chemicals added to them, especially cheese. American cheese in particular is more harmful chemicals then anything else. Butter is frequently dyed yellow and it is so concentrated (it takes 2 to 3 gallons of milk to make one pound of butter) that it has extremely high levels of harmful chemicals like pesticides, PCBs, etc.
Most meat is full of antibiotics, hormones, pesticides and other chemicals. There are other problems with meat consumption too.
There's tons of information out there on everything I mentioned (I especially encourage people to read up on GMOs), and a lot of other things that I didn't mention - this is just a starting point. Even if you don't want to eat like I do, at least avoid as many of these poisons as you can and eat organic, natural, whole food. Also avoid municipal water at all costs, but remember that most bottled waters are no better.