Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1
healthadvocate is on a distinguished road
Default What is your greatest concern, healthwise?

How often to you think about your health - seldom, occasionally, everyday?

If you could better your health in one particular area, what would that look like for you?

What is your biggest concern, healthwise, over the next 5 -20 years?


this should be interesting - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Guide
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 319
tick is on a distinguished road
Default

Uhmmm... Well, if we're talking nutrition I guess the availability of good wholesome foods....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:28 AM
happy2bhere's Avatar
Observing cool stuff
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: INternets
Posts: 315
happy2bhere is on a distinguished road
Default

Think about my health every time I am at nmt but in a GOOD way. Always finding a better - more efficient way to maintain good health

Better health for me would be in the form of exercise - more energy - toned, fit. To the extreme.

I have some concern over the amount of ionizing radiation that I accumulated. Many, many ct scans, xrays, etc. ALOT.

You're
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Guide
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 319
tick is on a distinguished road
Default

I guess one thing that should be on everyone's mind and isn't.. (on the subject of different kinds of radiation) is the sun. The depleting ozone layer means we get increased UV rays and radiation... Always need to remember your sunblock..

But I don't see it talked about very often.. Come to think of it, when WAS the last time any of you heard anything about the ozone layer and the sun and UV radiation? I think it has been quite a while!

I wonder why they stopped talking about it.... It was a big thing back in the 90s....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Lecturer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glastonbury, England
Posts: 1,071
knightofalbion will become famous soon enough
Default

I have no fear of death - and neither should any of you. Nothing to fear.

My only concern is my body & faculties holding out. Quite a few battle squares to charge and break before I'll be done here...
__________________
https://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Guide
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 319
tick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
I have no fear of death - and neither should any of you. Nothing to fear.

My only concern is my body & faculties holding out. Quite a few battle squares to charge and break before I'll be done here...
No fear of death huh?

I don't know if I'm afraid of death, but I have a healthy respect for it.. I have no desire to punch out just yet....

Fear of death is the fear of the unknown.. Many might have that fear...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:54 AM
happy2bhere's Avatar
Observing cool stuff
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: INternets
Posts: 315
happy2bhere is on a distinguished road
Default

Wasn't the op concerning areas of personal health?

Not death, per se. Although that would be the result of ignoring one's health, I spoze.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Guide
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 319
tick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bhere View Post
Wasn't the op concerning areas of personal health?

Not death, per se. Although that would be the result of ignoring one's health, I spoze.
I would say that death puts a real damper on personal health lol....

So it fits in.... I guess everyone has their own different fears and obsessions when it comes to health.

It isn't really good to completely neglect your health, but it isn't really good to obsess over it either... There needs to be a balance.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 AM
pinballdoctor's Avatar
Lecturer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Saskatchewan Canada
Posts: 1,631
pinballdoctor is on a distinguished road
Default

The biggest threat to health is the government allowing GMO foods. The big chemical companies like Monsanto and Bayer are destroying the earth and everything on it.

That is what occupies my thoughts..
__________________
Let Food Be Your Medicine And Medicine Be Your Food.(Hippocrates)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-02-2012, 06:17 AM
happy2bhere's Avatar
Observing cool stuff
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: INternets
Posts: 315
happy2bhere is on a distinguished road
Default

AMEN to that Dr. Pinball! I know people that will staunchly SUPPORT and applaud genetically modified anything. They say "there is NOTHING wrong with them (gmo). They are just the same as other foods. It's all hype." It is enough to get your blood boiling.

These sheeples actually feel the animals being stressed now is just what happens to all farm animals at times. Even tho the numbers have increased, proves nothing. The mere mention of the pesticide remaining in a humans GUT, proves nothing either. Nothing will happen. They welcome the bio-crud.

I reply that it is fine for those people. Personally, I cannot eat anything NOT organically grown free of any pesticide, government's intrusion, modification, enrichment or molestation from any chem lab at all. I should have the right to be alerted to those "things" that are altered to or enriched in some fashion. I just cannot digest them. AT ALL. The pain is unbearable. How will I know until my stomach/digestion begins to be destroyed AGAIN.

I trusted the FDA once before with what they labelled as GRAS. I was very unhealthy. Why would I with this when they are out of the loop on any decision made concerning gmo?

ETA: Without the security of pure nutrition - - what the hell we gonna eat if this shit backfires? THEN WHAT damnit.
I see bad stuff coming up with these. Not just with animals.

Alea iacta est


(UG!!
Just remembered
--isn't there some huge vault somewhere packed FULL of untainted seeds? WHY!!????!!!! Can't do crap with them now that Monsanto owns and is killing BEES)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Guide
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 319
tick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bhere View Post
AMEN to that Dr. Pinball! I know people that will staunchly SUPPORT and applaud genetically modified anything. They say "there is NOTHING wrong with them (gmo). They are just the same as other foods. It's all hype." It is enough to get your blood boiling.

These sheeples actually feel the animals being stressed now is just what happens to all farm animals at times. Even tho the numbers have increased, proves nothing. The mere mention of the pesticide remaining in a humans GUT, proves nothing either. Nothing will happen. They welcome the bio-crud.

I reply that it is fine for those people. Personally, I cannot eat anything NOT organically grown free of any pesticide, government's intrusion, modification, enrichment or molestation from any chem lab at all. I should have the right to be alerted to those "things" that are altered to or enriched in some fashion. I just cannot digest them. AT ALL. The pain is unbearable. How will I know until my stomach/digestion begins to be destroyed AGAIN.

I trusted the FDA once before with what they labelled as GRAS. I was very unhealthy. Why would I with this when they are out of the loop on any decision made concerning gmo?

ETA: Without the security of pure nutrition - - what the hell we gonna eat if this shit backfires? THEN WHAT damnit.
I see bad stuff coming up with these. Not just with animals.

Alea iacta est


(UG!!
Just remembered
--isn't there some huge vault somewhere packed FULL of untainted seeds? WHY!!????!!!! Can't do crap with them now that Monsanto owns and is killing BEES)
Reminds me on the opening scene from PROMTEHEUS. Where the guy drinks some GMO something or other (although it was designed as a bioweapon) and it destroyed him from the inside out

You don't think something like that could happen when they start tinkering with GMO do you???
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:19 AM
happy2bhere's Avatar
Observing cool stuff
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: INternets
Posts: 315
happy2bhere is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick View Post
Reminds me on the opening scene from PROMTEHEUS. Where the guy drinks some GMO something or other (although it was designed as a bioweapon) and it destroyed him from the inside out

You don't think something like that could happen when they start tinkering with GMO do you???
nah, just a great way to feed those starving people "somewhere else"

oy.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Solstice Goat's Avatar
Alchemist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 637
Solstice Goat is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick View Post
I guess one thing that should be on everyone's mind and isn't.. (on the subject of different kinds of radiation) is the sun. The depleting ozone layer means we get increased UV rays and radiation... Always need to remember your sunblock..

But I don't see it talked about very often.. Come to think of it, when WAS the last time any of you heard anything about the ozone layer and the sun and UV radiation? I think it has been quite a while!

I wonder why they stopped talking about it.... It was a big thing back in the 90s....

Because it was pure BS. It was a war against the convenience of spraycans and affluent people with AC in their cars.

They recently removed CFC's from asthma inhalers.
__________________
I'd rather meander for the prevention than race for the cure.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Guide
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 319
tick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
Because it was pure BS. It was a war against the convenience of spraycans and affluent people with AC in their cars.

They recently removed CFC's from asthma inhalers.
Ok.. So basically the scaremongering for radiation (UVB etc) is all BS?

I remember reding that UV radiation can cause mutation in my high school text book though...

Doesn't really matter for me anyway, I tend to avoid the sun, and the wife is photophobic (sensitive to light) so she avoids it too...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Solstice Goat's Avatar
Alchemist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 637
Solstice Goat is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick View Post
Ok.. So basically the scaremongering for radiation (UVB etc) is all BS?

I remember reding that UV radiation can cause mutation in my high school text book though...

Doesn't really matter for me anyway, I tend to avoid the sun, and the wife is photophobic (sensitive to light) so she avoids it too...

UVA is the harmful ray; UVB is the beneficial ray.


Oh, BTW, death is just natures way of telling you to slow down.
Reply With Quote
Reply Bookmark and Share

Tags
anti aging, healthy eating, skin care, supplements

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Root Canal Dental Treatment - A Cause For Concern??? knightofalbion Cancer 1 02-25-2012 07:13 AM
Red Yeast Rice supplement concern jfh Vitamins & Supplements 6 10-27-2010 02:09 PM
Zink deficiencies a global concern nightowl Vitamins & Supplements 12 12-05-2009 02:13 AM