This is why we discourage pharmaceuticals.
This medication may cause lactic acidosis (a build-up of lactic acid in the body, which can be fatal). Lactic acidosis can start slowly and get worse over time. Get emergency medical help if you have even mild symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as:
- muscle pain or weakness;
- numb or cold feeling in your arms and legs;
- trouble breathing;
- feeling dizzy, light-headed, tired, or very weak;
- stomach pain, nausea with vomiting; or
- slow or uneven heart rate.
Call your doctor at once if you have any other serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling or rapid weight gain; or
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms.
Less serious Glucophage side effects may include:
- headache or muscle pain;
- weakness; or
- mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gas, stomach pain.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.